Close | Xochitl Gomez

The girl you've had a crush on since second grade was standing right in front of you. Xochitl Gomez. Your body was shaking slightly and your mouth was completely dry, despite the efforts you made to keep it from doing exactly that. She noticed and asked if you were okay. You said yes, obviously lying. And ironically enough, lying was one of the things you sucked at.

"As I was saying, I can't fail math and I heard you were one of the smartest people on campus. So, will you help me?" Xochitl said nervously, looking around like she was scared to be seen with a nerd like you.

"Yes I'll help you, but you need to commit otherwise there's no idea" You said strongly. Sure you liked her but you had your principles as a tutor and you wouldn't just give that up.

"I promise! Thank you! I need to go, send me the time and place" She said and walked out the dorms.

You were going to meet up at a cafe not far away from campus. It was quite loudly when you got there however, but fortunately for you, you find a quieter space by one of the windows. As you ordered your morning coffee Xochitl walked through the door, looking like a disaster.

"Are you having a hangover?" You asked as she sat down next to you in the window.

"Yes" She mumbled with shame.

"I told you to take this serious and you go out to a party the night before? I can't do this" You said and started packing your things when she grabbed your arm. You brows furrowed in confusion as your attention fell on her.

"Please don't! I am taking this seriously I just," She started and took a deep breath before taking her sunglasses off. She had a huge black eye on her right eye and a bleeding wound on her left eyebrow.

"What the hell happened to you!" You exclaimed in devastation.

"Shh, not so loud" She whispered and put her sunglasses back. "Can we talk somewhere private?"
Xochitl then asked and you took her to your dorm.

"Tell me" You said when you both were sitting on your messy bed.

"It's not that big, it's just, I got into a fight with with my boyfriend" She said, tears running down her cheeks despite her efforts to keep them in.

"Xochitl you need to talk to someone, this is not okay" You said and removed her glasses.

"I can't, I love him" She started sobbing and you hugged her close to you chest.

"I'll fix it okay?" You said looking down at the girl crying in your arms. She nodded not able to say anything through the tears.

————————

Xochitl and you have been together almost everyday since that. After four weeks she got the courage to break up with her boyfriend. He was pissed and tried to hit her again but saw her dad outside the window watching them in his car.

"Thank you (y/n/n) without you nothing of this would have happened" Xochitl said one of the nights you stayed with her. 

"It's all you, I just had your back" You answered smiling at her. "I should go, it's getting pretty late" You then added, looking through the window.

"Could, could you stay?" Xochitl asked with an anxious voice.

"Yeah" You smiled. You gestured for her to jump closer to the wall so you could lay next to her in the small bed.

"This is nice, it feels safe" Xochitl smiled and started to play with your hand, you allowing for you hand to follow her every move.

"I love you" You bursted out before thinking, looking deep into her admirable eyes.

She lent forward and kissed you softly, quickly pulling away. "I think, I love you too" The girl said embarrassed.

"It's okay, you've been through a lot these two months" You said still smiling, you didn't care if she loved you or not because you finally kissed the girl in your dreams. And it was just as good as you thought it would be.

"You're not mad" She asked confused.

"No, of course not!" You giggled and she with you.

"(y/n) I love you" She said putting a hand on your cheek. "Will you always stay with me?" She then asked, making you laugh. "Why are you laughing?" Xochitl asked somewhat offended.

"I've been with you everyday for two months, if I would've left you I wouldn't be here now" You giggled, softly brushing away the hair in front of her eyes.

"(y/n) I hate you, do you know that" She giggled before kissing you passionate all through the night.