63. Talk about it

"Gavi I can't skip that game" I say with tears in my eyes. The doctor left a few minutes ago. He did some test and checked things. He told me I can't play until it's safe for me. When he was in here I told him my head didn't hurt at all but god did it. It's throbbing and it feels so heavy.

He looks at me with sympathy and he pushes back my hair from my face. I sit there and cry in front of him and he tries not to smile. I cry helplessly then sob.

"What? Why are you laughing at me" he laughs and shakes his head

"Sorry sorry" he mumbles and puts his hand over his mouth.

"Nothing about this is funny" I say. We facing each other on the bed and I have my hands in his lap.

"I know-" he says and I wait for him to tell me why he was laughing "your passion for football amazes me is all"

I fall into his chest and he gladly opens his arms and wraps them around me. He kisses my cheek and I can feel his smile on my cheek.

"I wanna play" I whine and he laughs softly.

"I know you do, I know" he says

"Gavi can you keep a secret" I ask

"Your head hurts?" He pushes me back softly so I can look at him.

"How did you-"

"Because I know my girlfriend" he says wiping my eyes and I smile. He does too.

There's a knock on the doorframe and when we look away from each other, grudgingly, we see Gavi's mother holding flowers.

"I was so confused on why my son ran off during  the game but I was so worried as soon as he texted me what had happened" she tells me and comes up to me and hugs me.

"Well I'm sure by tomorrow I'll be perfect again" I say with a smile

"Feeling better? Already?" She looks from me to Gavi and he shakes his head and crosses his arms. He's standing my back leaning against him so my back wouldn't hurt from sitting with nothing holding me up.

"No she's not- her head hurts and she's worried that she won't be able to play" he says for me.

"Sweetly it would be better for you if you got back to 100% before trying to go out there again"

"I know your right like I know it but I just can't miss a game I can't. We're close to winning champions league and I want to be apart of that" I say and she nods

"Dove you've already done so much- scoring in almost every game. You haven't went a game without an assist or goal" she tells me and I furrow my eyebrows.

"How do you know that?" I ask and she smiles

"Because my son loves telling me about you" she looks at her son and I look up at him and he looks at his mom with wide eyes

"Mama!" He says and stiffly shakes his head. I grab his hand and he looks down at me with blushing cheeks.

"You talk about me to your mom" I ask and he nods.

"Of course I do...your special" he says and now I blush. He leans down and pecks my lips but nothing more because his mom is watching us.

When we look back at her she's videoing. We shake our head and cover our faces embarrassed.

"Thank you for that now I have sweet memories of you two on camera" she smiles sweetly but evilly.

Gavi holds onto my hand when I try to pull away. He massages his thumb over my knuckles. He keeps his other hand on my waist and he squeezes my waist lightly every now and then.