38. The unfamiliar room

"JUJU" Mason yells with a champagne bottle in his hand.

I look down and smile putting my hand over my mouth so Jude doesn't see it. He pushes me playfully and I laugh.

"Seriously" he says rolling his eyes and moping over to the team.

"Come party with us B" Grealish yells over to me obviously a bit tipsy.

"No it's okay, it's 10 in the morning not for drinking...that early" I mumble the last part but keep a bright smile.

"Booo" they all holler back and I shake my head at there foolishness.

"If you need anything call me okay" I tell Jude pulling him a away from the group that's dancing and drinking.

"Aye aye captain...call me if you need anything" he tells me and I nod smiling

"Always" I say and he gives me a quick hug and he do our usual handshake before I walk away.

"BYE EVERYONE BE RESPONSIBLE" I yell to the drinking England team and the all boo me again

"WE ARE THE ADULTS HERE" Trent yells

"DONT ACT LIKE IT" I yell back then take off running away from them before they could get me into there group.

We are in our hotel, they're just in there England team meeting room. I walk out the door and and shut it behind me. Before it closes I hear them all break out into a chant. What they're saying I couldn't tell you it's all slurred.

I check my phone and smile 10:23. Pedri's probably till sleeping so I can go back to him. I start jogging, hurrying my way back to pedri.

—————

"Pepi" I slowly close the door behind me and tiptoe to the bed.

I climb into the bed and lay next to him. I lay on my stomach and lean up with my elbows. I watch as he sleeps peacefully. I lean over him and my hair falls over my shoulders and frames the outside of mine and his face. He has a beginning of a beard and I shake my head. The stubble makes him look like he's 30. So mature.

I poke his cheek "peppiii" I say again

He smiles knowing it's me and pulls me down on top of him. I giggle as he turns us over so I'm on bottom and he lays on my chest. I snake my hand out of his arms and start scratching his head.

"¿Qué tal el partido?" He says. ( how was the game) I know he's really tired because he talks in Spanish when he's tired, angry, upset just because it's easier for him.

"buen Jude marcó el primer gol" I tell him (good Jude scored the first goal) "Me senté con sus padres y Jobe... oh, y conocí a su "novia", supongo que podrías llamarla, tal vez solo amiga" (I sat with his parents and Jobe...oh and I met his 'girlfriend' I guess you could call her, maybe just friend) I mumble the last part and he puts his head up.

"¿Su novia?" (His girlfriend?)

"Sí"

"¿La conocías? ¿Has oído hablar de ella antes?" He asks suddenly interested (did you know her? Have you heard about her before?)

"No, nunca" (no Never) "¿Por qué estoy tan preocupado?" (Why so concerned) I ask and he shrugs going back to lay on my chest

"No me preocupa, solo estoy feliz por él" he mumbles into my skin and it sends shivers down my spine (not concerned just happy for him)

I hum in response and start scratching his head again looking up at the ceiling. I'm not happy for him, I didn't tell pedri what truly happened because I don't want him thinking I'm some type of hoe or whore.