10. Meet Lucia

I shakily go down and go back up then collapse to the hot turf. Push-ups are my enemies. We don't get along.

"Nunca más" (never again) Iggie says huffing and rolling next to me. "Odio las flexiones" (I hate push-ups)

"Me too" I say getting up with weak legs.

This training we did all running, weights, sprints, weights, cardio, jogging, weights, cardio, sprints. All the tiring things. We've been out here in sweltering heat since 5:30 a.m. Its 2 in the afternoon now.

"Up, up" I say extending my hand to Iggie who groans and curls herself into a ball on the ground. "No come on get up"

"Fineee" I help her up and she falls against me. I pay her head and walk into the stadium. Only to be called back by coach.

"Fucking hate this guy right now" I whisper to Iggie and Mippie who had joined us. They wish me luck and they limp off to the locker rooms.

"Yeah coach" I jog weakly up to him and he smiles.

"I need to show and tell you something- to my office" he stalks toward the stadium where I just was.

Why couldn't you have walked to me. You didn't do a damn thing but yell at us to work harder. Asshole.

We walk to his office and inside their is Marsha, our social media manager, and a guy about my age I didn't know. They were talking but stopped when we entered.

I knew I looked a hot mess but I also knew there was no way in fixing it. I've been sweating ever since we got here and my ponytail was probably sagging and my braid probably has fly aways. My mascara might still be on, thank god I put water proof mascara on because it would've looked like I had two severe black eyes.

"Brylie, lovely, I would like you to meet someone" Marsha walks around the tables, excitedly clutching her clipboard to her chest. I smile brightly at her and the boy next to her.

He's taller than me, has brown hair with a few blonde curls throughout his fluffy hair. He is tan and has brown eyes. He has a profound jawline and prominent cheekbones. He's hot, that's for damn sure. Strong and chiseled face means strong and chiseled arms and abs.
Shut up. I scold myself.

"Hi I'm Brylie Rodriguez" I place my hand out and he takes it shaking it firmly.

"Yeah I know- I mean I'm Lucia Perez" his face goes a shade of red which compliments his tanned face perfectly. Stop it. I scold again.

"Nice to meet you" I say dropping his hand.

"Brylie this is your new P.R. Lucia" My coach says joyously.

What. The. Fuck.

So he's going to be with me all the time now. What's the media going to think? What's Gavi going to think? What's Pedri going to think? What are they going to think when he has to stay with me when we hangout?

Oh god. I keep a smiling face but on the inside I'm having a panic attack. Say something.

"I didn't think we had P.Rs" I say simply

"We are trying some new things, it'll be great for social images and will relieve some pressure off of our media crew"

"Right- that's awesome" I say in a sarcastic tone that they don't catch. "So Lucias mine of someone else's" I ask in hopes he is someone else's.

"He will be yours BR all yours" Coach winks at me and I give a unbelievable laugh and smile, looking at a bright eyed Lucia.

"Okay, we'll Lucia, Marsha, Coach Jonaton I need to change and shower" I say

"Yes right, he will be with me as I show him around and then you can maybe go to dinner after?" Marsha says suggestively. I nod and shrug.

"Yeah maybe"

I walk out of the room and race to the locker room.
I burst through the door and all the girls look at me. "Since when did we have PRs" I say angrily.

"We have PRs?" Caroline Graham Hansen asks looking at everyone.

"Exactly I didn't know we did either" Mapi says (Aslo known as Mippie, Mapileon)

"Well I have a PR and it's this like 18-19 year old guy" I say going to my vanity and pulling mhm gift off leaving me in my shorts and bra.

"It's a guy?" Iggie says shocked.

"Yes it's a fucking guy, since when we're PRs guys"

"Is he hot" Megan shouts out and I roll my eyes.

"Yes" I say looking at the ground with my hands on my face. The locker room bursts out in shouts and yells, whoops and hollers. "Oh shut up" I say my face red with embarrassment.

"If you got a guy PR does that mean we will" Tara days and everyone laughs.

"But the real question is what is Gavi going to say" Iggie jumps down from the stall door and walks around it and leaning against it crossing her arms Liz

"What do you mean" I play stupid.

"Oh don't even with that bullshit" Mapi points out.

"What will João think when he hears about it"

"Or Jude Bellingham"

"Or Pedri"

"Or even Neymar fucking Jr"

"STOP ITTT" I laugh as they all shout at me. But they don't stop they just continue shouting out.

"Chritiano Ronaldo"

"Sonnyyyy"

"Leo Messi"

"GUY STOP IT" I say walking to the showers.

"What are they going to say"

"It's not my fault, I don't want him as a PR" I yell over the shower stall.

"Sureee you don't"

"I don't"

"Mhm I believe you"

"Whatever, he's waiting on me to shower and everything we are going to dinner, he's probably put in the hall somewhere if you want to look at him" I yell and I hear a couple of 'don't have to tell me twice' and jumps, shuffling feet and open and closing doors leaving me practically alone.

"Don't worry I didn't go" Mapi says.

"Thanks momm"

"I'll wait for you"

God love her <3 

—————

Comment
Vote
Yk the usual

Follow ⬇️

Tiktok: onlyliveonce_b
Instagram: bryliemills38