11. Secrets

@BR_10 via stories

"Where do you want to eat" Lucia asks excitedly and i grimace

"I don't care up to you" I respond unenthusiastically.

"What's wrong" he asks his face dropping. I sigh I don't want to be mean and rude but I just don't like the idea that social media will think I'm a hoe that hangs out with tens of millions of guys every weekend.

"Lucia I'm going to be very blunt, up front and serious with you" I start and he nods confused but I'm his eyes I can tell that he already knows what I'm about to say "I don't want to be seen with you because everyone will think we are together or something, don't get me wrong your a very attractive guy and I'm sure really sweet and polite it's just I have connections with someone right now and I don't want to ruin that because I've been waiting for years for him to even see me as more than just a friend that is like his little sister - I'm sorry I didn't mean to blabber on, I do that when I'm nervous" my face gets hotter and I'm sure it's blazing red.

"It's fine, he's a lucky guy whoever it is" he chuckles and I want to cry I can't believe I just did that.

"Now I feel bad"

"No need, I knew what I was getting into, you're a very beautiful soccer player my age...to say I didn't want to be close to you and try to have that relationship with you would be a lie...I'm glad we're having this talk before even trying to get to know each other so we can set boundaries- I also knew that I couldn't see you as a famous soccer player anymore but as a friend and colleagues." He finishes rather businesses like and I stare at him in shock.

"Wow" I say dumbstruck "that's very mature for your age"

"I'm older than you"

"Yeah but your still a boy, boys don't really have that mentality of 'I need to be mature'" I say messing up his chocolate brown hair and walking away.

"I don't know if I should be offended or agree with you"

"My point exactly Lucia" I say laughing "my point exactly"

————

"That's weird" I say laughing and peeling a piece of bread off of the roll and shoving it in my mouth.

"Mhm" he says looking out at the ocean.

We chose to eat at an Oceanside restaurant. We sat closest to the windowed wall so we could lookout at the beautiful ocean waves.

"Okay I should probably getting back" I say standing up and placing some euros on the table. Lucia snakes his head at me for laying down money but I walk away before he tries to hand it back to me.

"Well thanks for paying for half of lunch" he says and I look at him confused.

"Half?"

"Yeah here" he hands me back my money and I stop and look at him with a 'you can't be serious' look.