56. Defense and Acceptance

"A what?" I ask my coach shocked.

"We want you on all social media, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube all of it...get your name out there" he tells me and I shake my head.

"What the hell..." I mumble "why- why do I need to do all of this"

"To get your name in other places than just Spain" he replies and I stand up and start pacing.

"A a YouTube channel? Seriously?" I ask and he gives me a humorous smile.

"Yes we want you to start doing- what're they called?" He turns to his assistant in all of this doing and the girl turns the iPad to face me and my jaw drops.

"Hell no, no no no way" I say shaking my head

" why 'Get ready with me's' will want people to watch you more...do you know how many times people have searched your name with 'Brylie's funny moments'?"

"No.."

"Well they have a lot. And so this will be a time for you and your friends, Ingred, Maria, alexia, Pedri, Gavi all of them- it'll be good for you and your publicity.... And you don't have an option" he stands up and straightens his papers, gives me a smile and walks towards the door and holds it open.

I cross my arms and walk out my cleats sliding against his floor. I glare at the floor knowing I don't have an option. When I walk by him he pays my head and leaves his hand on my back.

"This is good for you, in the long run I'm just tryna help ya kid" he says and we part ways, him to leave and me to the locker rooms.

I change and while I'm changing I fill in Iggie and Maria. They ask questions, obvious questions.

"But why I don't get it?" Iggie asks and starts putting on mascara.

"I don't even know" I roll my eyes and start to braid my hair.

"Publicity?" Maria says and I groan making them both look at me.

I walk to my area with my picture and name plastered on the lockers. "That's exactly what he said"

Maria smiles with being right and Iggie rolls her eyes and goes back to finishing getting ready.

"Are you going with us?" Iggie asks and I shake my head.

"The boys have training right now, I'll hop fields and watch theirs" I say and they nod "it's been so weird training without them"

"Yeah well It was weird training without you" Maria says patting my cheek and I smile.

"Miss me did you?" I ask and they laugh.

"Well me more than Iggie" Maria says and Iggies smile drops and she glares at her.

"What do you mean" I ask

"Nothing" Iggie says And Maria ignored her

"Well she went there at one point so she saw you before I could" Maria says and my jaw drops.

"What?" I asked shocked.

"Seriously" Iggie smacks marias arm and Maria shrugs "I was there but didn't say anything, Gavi called me and said you needed someone because he wasn't enough and then came and got me at the airport" she fills us in "when I saw you with Pedri I knew he was there and it was okay, I didn't want you seeing me then wanting to go home with me"

I stare at her with anger and understanding. Angry she didn't take me home and save me, understanding because I knew she was right. It was a good thing I stayed because it was a short utopia, and I'll never call it something different.