30. Interrupted

"He what?"

"He's gone Ingrid he's gone, he doesn't want me anymore he's just, gone"

"Do you want me to fly down there? I hate seeing you like this, and Gavi why is he acting like this you love him"

"He doesn't know that"

"Yeah but you do that has to count for something"

"Iggie I love him and I don't know if he loves me but it doesn't matter because no matter how many butterflies I get from him or how many times he kisses me or snuggles me I'm clearly not worth anything to him those moments obviously don't matter to him"

"Don't say that B you're worth so much more than he could ever give you, you deserve the world"

"Do I? Because I sure as hell don't feel that way anymore"

"You deserve more than the world" someone says and I  snap my head up.

"I gotta go Iggie I'll call you later"

"Who is it-" she asks but I hang up on her.

I wipe my tears away from my face "why are you here"

Gavi looks at me with tears in his eyes. "I was just going to go up to the room but I heard you on the phone-"

"So you eavesdropped" I stand up and he just shrugs slowly opening his mouth but closes it. He stares at the floor and then looks up to meet my eyes.

"I can't" he says. "I feel like it's been forever since we talked, and it's only been a few hours, I feel like I lost you in a way I never have because I just left the last time we didn't fight, Brylie I feel like I can't breathe properly anymore"

I stay quiet but he continues

"I feel like my worlds ending and it's only been 24 hours, I loved being so close to you on the plane and I'm so glad you say with me instead of pedri, I'm so mad at myself for yelling at you because I ended something that was the only reason for living. I did something I shouldn't have, Ferrans mad at me, Eric's mad at me, Pedris so mad at me, you're mad at me. Aurora fucking knows and she won't text me back unless it's to tell me I fucked up. My parents know and are upset with me. Brylie I fucked up"

He falls against the wall opposite of me and goes down putting his face in his hands. His chest heaves up and down as he starts crying.

"Gavi I don't know....what we're doing" I say walking slowly over to him and sliding down the wall next to him. "This has been the most dramatic thing, and for everyone else I feel like it's so stupid...I don't want to forgive you because it still hurts but if we go off of that I won't ever forgive you because I'll be hurt if we don't get along"

"I'm sorry, I'm so so so fucking sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry I'm so sorry" he leans against me and I hold him as he cries and repeats sorry over and over again.

"Gavi I'm not going to tell you it's okay because I hate you- I want to hate you" I sigh running my hands through his hair. "I can't hate you it's so stupid because I want to hate you so much"

He sobs harder and I let out a broken sigh. "Gavi stop crying please"

He sits up and looks at me "I never meant to hurt you, I mean yes I did mean to hurt you, but I regret it"

I laugh sarcastically "jealousy's and ugly color in society"

"And about Hailey-"

"I don't want to hear about it...I want us to talk about us.. like what we are"

He sits up on his own and looks over at the wall I front of him. He plays with his hands anxiously.

"Brylie I love you" he finally says and my eyes widen and look at him.

He stares at me searching for my next move.

"Pablo I've loved you for years and we've kissed so many times and you've never done anything about it, one week we will kiss and sneak around and the next you forget about me"

"I just don't know what's going on with me, I used to have only one thing on my mind-"

"-futbol-" we say together and he smiles and nods

"But now I only think about one thing-"

"-you-" wr say together again and I laugh sadly.

"Yeah I know you've taken over my entire world and happiness sir" I say playfully nudging him with my shoulder.

"Yeah I can say the same about you"

I hum in response and we go quiet.

"I think we should take it slow the next couple of days, not getting too involved with each other, but also making sure we're not dying without one another" I say and he looks at me turning towards me.

"I agree, and with the World Cup not even a week away I think I should try to stay focused. But if we need anything promise we'll go to each other first" he says and I nod with a smile.

He extends his pink and I roll mhm he's placing my pinky with his. "Pinky promise" we say at the same time.

"Perfect- walk you to our room?" He stands up and then helps me up.

"Yeah, that'll be good" I say.

We keep walking not saying anything. It's kind of awkward, and I feel like shit. My throat hurts, my head hurts, my stomach hurts, and everything about me feels weak.

We keep waking until we get to the room. We walk inside and then head towards our rooms. I grab my clothes and go to the shower. I turn on the hot water and walk out seeing Gavi in the living room.

"What's wrong" I ask and he looks at me.

"Do you still have um. Those um. Sleeping pills" he asks and I gasp.

"Just sleep in my room tonight yeah?"

"Yeah that'll work, I'm...- thank you" he says awkwardly then walks to his room.

I walk back to the shower and jump in. Feeling the hot water burn my cold skin calms me. The steam leaves from the top of the shower and crowds the entire bathroom.

I get out of the shower, do my skincare then get dressed in loose shorts and a tank top. I open the bathroom door to find Gavi on the floor asleep.

It's 10:36 p.m. I grab the blanket off the foot of the bed and cover him. I walk out of my room and find the boys on the couch.

"Gavi's in my room asleep" I say crossing my arms over my chest. They look at me shocked. "He wanted sleeping pills so I told him to just sleep with me and it worked, we talked...we're working things out"

"That's good- hey about the team going out tonight we're doing it tomorrow night"  Eric says and I nod

"Okay I'm going to bed"

"Good night Brylie"

"Night B"

"Good night"

"Night boys love you"

"LOVE YOU" a chorus of voices sing out and I close the door behind me.

I walk over to Gavi's bc kick him until he's awake. He groans and rolls over rubbing his eyes.

"What" he croaks out

"Sleep on the bed with me" I walk to the bed and climb in. I feel the bed dip down as Gavi climbs in.

"Good night" I whisper and he returns it.

————

During the middle of the night, I think, I'm too tired to think actually, I feel an arm pull me closer. I'm touching his body and he rests his chin on my head and I snuggle into him, like I said too tired to care, too tired to move away, no one will know anyway, no one's going to know anyway( not even us when we wake up.