59. Arm band

We stand there and clasp hands together with the women in their warmup gear with Roma on it. Barcelona vs Roma.

I take a look around the stadium and smirk. Easy.

The cameras in front of me now and I wink at it still with my smirk and then jog off to go to our coach. Each told to go with different trainers for the warmups so we jog off to our next spot.

I'm in the starting lineup so I go with Maria's group. I do a jog around out half of the field and then I pick up a ball with my feet and start juggling, touch line to touch line.

I do stretching and I look up at the top wall to see 23 minutes till game time. I look back down at the turf and finish my stretches. I do a few extra because, no one likes injuries.

I look up to the seats above where the reserves are talking. I search the seats and find Gavi and Pedri laughing and talking.

Gavi waves like a child at me and I wave back. Pedri gives me a salute and I laugh saluting him back.

Coach comes out and we do a huddle and we all gather around him tightly. Coach says a few things then Maria does and a few more people join in. We give each other these talks to make sure their head is in the game.

"Now Alexia isnt here so...captain arm band" coach says and Maria looks down and smiles. She then covers her mouth with her smile still looking down. She's the captain of this game. I think and I smile. My smile fades when I see coach looking at me.

"Brylie- refs already called for captains" Jonaton says and my smile returns widely with shock and happiness.

"Seriously?" I ask and he nods.

"Always give your best, always hyping your teammates up, always focused, and I'm always going to be able to trust you to get the job done" he nods at me and I smile.

"Now go on their waiting" he says and I nod my head and take the arm band from him and wrap it around my arm.

I jog over to the refs and the captain of Roma. I shake her hand and the refs as well. We talk things out and how the refs want a clean game. Whatever happens happens.

————
GAVI'S POV

"Gavi, Gavi, GAVI look" Pedri hits my arm and I look at him and push his arms away.

"What what what" I ask as he still is saying my name.

"Look" he points to where the captains and refs are standing. That's when I see RODRI #11 (Ik there's already an 11 but whatever)

"OH MH GOD" I jump up and so does Pedri.

Everyone around us stares at us like we're crazy.

"SHES WEARING THE CAPTAIN BAND" I yell and point at Brylie.

"SHES UP WITH THE CAPTAINS" Pedri yells too and we start clapping and pretty soon everyone starts cheering Brylie's name.

Brylie looks up as she jogs back to her team the match about to start and she smiles at us. Me and Pedri both blow her kisses and I hold up two fingers, for rule number two and she mouths I love you.

Kick off is in like a minute. They take their sides and Brylie is talking with Bonmati. I don't know most of them because I don't really care to know them...that sounds rude but whatever. I know Maria and I know Ingrid.

"I still can't believe she's wearing the captain band" Pedri says and I nod my head with a proud smile.

"I hope her parents see her" I say bitterly look up at the top screen seeing Brylie's face and her pulling up the arm band. She's stronger than anyone else I know.