21. Deppressing to Dancing

"Everyday I woke up and saw the world as a friend but everyone in it an enemy. Everyone I was around hated me, I was the person that when I turned my back they roll their eyes at me and whisper about me. No one wanted to be around me. So I thought maybe it was better to just die...dying seemed like such a peaceful thing to me, it was as though death was my friend and everyone wouldn't mind anyway so why not accept peace instead of living in this hell"

Pedri sits there and listens to every word hanging onto everything I say. Iggie has tears in her eyes and Mip is holding her hand. Gavi keeps eye contact with me the entire time I'm talking, just in case. Once a year hits the brim of my eyes Gavi will be up and next to me, he's always been the one who cares most about this matter.

"I- I'm not blaming anyone ever, because I was the one who tried to kill myself" They all grimace "but I didn't have anyone, my parents were always with my brothers helping them with their careers, I wasn't on this team with Ingrid or Mapi, G-Gavi had left me in the beginning and everyone at my school was just terrible to me." I say my gaze wavering on Gavi.

He stands up immediately and walks over to me and sits next to me on the bed. I lean into his shoulder.

"Why- why didn't you tell me" Pedri asks confused and looks at the ground.

"Because I wanted to act like a new person, I wanted you to believe I was the most fun carefree person you've met" I said "I didn't want you to see the real me at the time because I was afraid you'd be like everyone else, you'd leave saying I was a freak"

"I wouldn't have done that"

"Yeah I know that now but i didn't know that when we first met"

"That's why you never-"

"-never cried in front of you" I say smiling weakly "yeah"

*Meeting Pedri*

"Hi, I'm pedri" he extends his hand towards me and I look at Gavi cautiously before shaking hands with him.

"I'm Brylie" I say

"Yeah I know Pablo's told me all about you" he drops my hand and wiggles his eyebrows at Gavi.

"That's odd because I remember Gavi leaving" I say barely audible but I know Gavi heard it because he looks down at his cleats.

"So tell me about yourself" Pedri says professionally.

"Well I play soccer" I say laughing, I pull down my shorts to cover the scar that was sticking out "I was best friends with Gav here"

"Is best friends" Gavi says looking at me and I roll my eyes.

"Yeah, anyway I'm better at soccer than him, I don't go to school anymore but if I had to choose a profession I'd choose a marine biologist"

"That's awesome" pedri says smiling brightly.

"Tell me about you Pedri" I say

"I play soccer, I'm boring, oh and I'm friends with this teddy bear here" he says putting Gavi in a headlock.

"Let me go Pedri" Gavi laughs struggling to get out of the headlock.

"We'll be best friends I'm sure of it" Pedri winks at me before taking the soccer ball away from me and running away with it.

I look at Gavi and he smiles "you'll love him- more than me I'm sure"

I don't answer him but run up to pedri and kicking the ball away from him.

*Present*

"How...how did you- you know...try to" Pedri struggles to find the right words but I know what he was going to ask.