27. Pill bottles

*GAVIS POV*

"Not like I used to matter"

"Gavi I'm not doing this with you right now" she tells me looking away.

"Right" I mumble then turn around. Tears stream down my face and I wipe them with my sleeve.

A sob breaks through my chest but I don't look back. She doesn't come running to me either. She doesn't come to me when I'm breaking but if she was breaking I'd rush over to her immediately.

Except for now. I'm done. Breaking it off, whatever we had it's- it's over. I can't keep doing this to myself.

Everyday I wake up with one thing on my mind. Her. I used to have one goal, one focus and it was futbol. But it's switched, everyday I wake up and think about Brylie Jo Elaine Rodriguez, the most beautiful girl I've ever scene. My best friend, was best friend.

God dammit. I start to pick up my pace through the hallways. I'm on the bottom floor now and I see the training room. I walk in and grab the first soccer ball I see and go through the back door to the pitch outside.

I juggle a few times then do some shooting but I'm still crying and hurting. I decide to go for a run. I keep sprinting farther and farther down the road. My breathing's heavy, lungs hurting, legs weak but I still keep running.

I guess you could say I'm running from my problems.

I get a call and I slowly come to a stop. I take my phone out and see Pedri calling. I roll my eyes and don't want to answer it but my anxiety kicks in and answer it anyway.

"Where the fuck are you" He yells

"Why does it matter"

"It matter Pablo- it fucking matters" he yells frustrated "you fucked get up man- she's fucking crumpling" I can hear the tears in his eyes, I know he has tears in his eyes and a lump in throat rises.

"Look man I can't deal with this right now-"

"Come back here, now" he tells me

"I can't Pedri-"

"Pablo what are you doing why are you doing this- you know she's loves you"

"BUT SHE DOESNT" I yell frustrated now

"PABLO GOD DAMMIT IVE LOVED HER EVER SINCE IVE MET HER BUT ITS ALWAYS BEEN YOU- NOT ANYONE ELSE"

"That's-"

"YOU DONT EVER CHOOSE HER EITHER ITS NOT JUST HER FAULT MAN- YOU CHOOSE JEESIE- HAILEY- SHE GAVE UP ON YOU SHES TIRED OF WAITING"

I rub my face and wipe my tears again.

"SHE LOVES YOU" he yells

"Pedri-"

"Come back- don't give me that bullshit- come back" he says then hangs up.

"FUUUUCK" I scream dropping to the ground.

I sit there and think about everything.

————

*PEDRIS POV*

I wait for Gavi in the living room. My legs bouncing anxiously and my head pounding. Brylie's asleep on my lap and I've been scratching her head ever since she fell asleep like and hour ago.

A few minutes later Gavi sneaks into the room closing the door gently behind him. He looks at me with red eyes and tear stained cheeks. I don't move but stare at him with hurt eyes.

"I-"

"I don't want to hear it- go to bed Pablo" I whisper still rubbing Brylie's head.

He looks at Brylie in my lap. He goes to walk forward but I shake my head.