51)"Then let us not kill you just yet."

Thalia POV:

The amount of rage pouring through my veins was overwhelming.

My pulse was racing as I watched Sandro fall in my arms from a bullet to the chest.

My eyes became blank as I experienced only one sensation. Anger. 

Everything seemed to be moving slowly. The way the wind slowed as my gaze surveyed the area. 

Find them, hurt them

is what my mind kept repeating

I couldn't think because my mind was racing with so many possibilities. And none of them were particularly good. I clutched his chest, hiccupping as I held back the scream.  

This can't be happening right now

He can't die

I was in so much shock as I look at his chest

He was bleeding profusely, and his breathing was labored.

"Send an ambulance. Someone help me, please." I scream. 

Atticus runs over to assist me in lifting Sandro. After picking him up, they hurry to the car. Lorenzo grabs me. "Come on, we're going to the hospital." 

Find them

I try not to vomit as I stare down at my bloodied hands and clothing. It's Sandro's blood. The love of my life was dying, and his blood was on me. 

Kill them and make them pay

My hands and eyes were dying to get hold of the person who had shot him. My mind was screaming murder and I was letting it.

"No, I need to handle something," I respond blankly, staring at my target running through the trees.

You shoot the most powerful mafia leader and stay on the scene, thinking no one would do anything.

Sandro should feel insanely disrespected.

They hired an amateur to do their dirty work

Idiots

Ripping my dress and shattering the bottoms of my heels to ensure that nothing gets in my way.  

"Thalia don't do anythin-" He begins. But I cut him off by grabbing the gun from his waist and sprinting towards the person who is currently attempting to flee, with him yelling my name. 

I ignored everything. My mind had gone blank.  

As I hurried behind the person, my steps were light. 

Lighter, don't let them hear

Be sly and discrete.

Then slice their throat while listening to their cries,

The voice in my brain yells

This is what I've been taught to do. This is the mindset that I will have to get used to. Skia.

I look around and notice a shortcut. Slowing down my steps, I take a left and run swiftly. I climb the tree and hide under a large branch, waiting for the person to come this way. 

Hurt them

We need it

I jumped down as I heard heavy breathing and footsteps. 

I felt the person's body fall under my weight as I jumped on the person's neck.

Getting on top of them, I wrap my hand around their neck and hold the gun to their head. 

Facing RealityOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara