23)"Do you suppose we've got a rat?"

This chapter contains slight SLIGHT mature content

Thalia POV:

I'm sitting on the couch in the living room while everyone else is sitting in silence. Sandro is sitting next to me, his hands on my thigh, and I'm trying not to think about it. 

It’s getting kind of hard 

That’s what he said 

Anyways 

Sandro quickly summoned the guys and the guards who were supposed to be nearby in case anything went wrong. 

I never knew guards were nearby 

He contemplated shooting them for failing to fulfill their jobs, but I stopped him right away, stating it wasn't their fault. He didn't like it, yet he sat next to me, mumbling incoherent words. 

He’s my bitch 

"Who the fuck would send that? And how did they know where we were?" Sandro says this while running his hands through his hair. 

"I'm not sure, but the only people who knew we'd be in New York were us, Mirabella, and the few guards we brought," Finn replies solemnly. 

When he's serious, you know something's wrong. "Do you suppose we've got a rat?" Alfonso says. 

Sandro shakes his head, "Yes, but who?" Everyone shrugs, except Sandro, who simply sighs. "But that's beside the point right now. What matters is the note on the body." 

Running away from here appears to have lowered your guard. Thank you for that; this body serves as a reminder of what will happen if Thalia does not return with us. Or the next body will be someone you care about. 

I've been keeping an eye on you, Thalia, and I hope you take this threat seriously. Mama doesn't need to end up like the severed body in front of you. 

It's unfortunate that things are just going to grow worse for you. Tsk, don't trust everyone, and come back to me. I'll be better than those scumbags. You can either return willingly or I'll force you out. 

To say I despised him would be an understatement. I didn't know what to say; this man in front of me was killed as a result of my actions. Another life was lost to him as a result of my actions. 

It’s my fault the doctor lost his life, in such a brutal way 

I can't go on living like this. He constantly finds me, therefore I'm not safe. He always does. It doesn't help that he's accompanied by his sidekicks Ava and El. And then there's that one man. 

Chris threatens me with my parents, just as he did in my dream. What happens next, he kidnaps them? 

"What shall we do? We can't just hand her over to them on a silver platter," Lorenzo says. 

"Why can't you?" I say this, and Sandro turns to face me. "Stop spouting nonsense, love." 

"So, no one else has to die, I'm just saying. They want me, so give it to them. My life is continuously filled with fear, and I don't want anyone else to suffer as a result of my choices. It will not be fair "I say this while staring at Sandro.