2)"You're bleeding out,"

May contain violent scenes 

Thalia POV:

We proceed timidly up the basement steps, careful not to make any noise. Because Chris is arrogant and believes no one will oppose him, this house does not have many guards stationed near the cells. 

It seems quite idiotic to me, but I'm not complaining because I can utilize it to my advantage.

"What if there are guards there?" Mimi wonders. "Then we fight," I say, looking at her. "Are you willing to fight?" 

"Of course, Mother wanted me to be prepared to defend myself, because the only reason I was abducted was-" She came to a halt and closed her eyes, as though recalling that day. 

"As much as I want to sympathize with you right now, we have to depart before buddy over there wakes up and starts making unnecessary noises." I grasp her shoulder. “But I guarantee I'll be all ears after we leave." 

"Right, I'm sorry," she adds quietly. Because I have the gun, I proceed. I open the door quietly and glance both ways. When I notice that no one is present, I beckon Mirabella.

When we heard voices, we carefully moved to the right against the wall; I peeked around the corner and saw individuals sitting on the couch. "2 guys on the couch, do you want to risk fighting or try to go unnoticed by them?" I say turning to look at Mirabella. 

"Logically, we shouldn't make any noises, but what are the possibilities of us not getting caught if we try to sneak behind them?" she inquires, raising an eyebrow at me. 

She does have a valid point. Even if we wanted to do it quietly, there is no way we could do it without generating a commotion. However, when this occurs, we must devise a solution. 

"How, hypothetically, do we leave if it happens?" I asked her 

"Does this place have any secret tunnels?" She ponders at random. I gaze at her, puzzled, and think. "There is, indeed. One is hidden behind a portrait of Chris, and it leads to the outer gates in the woods. The other goes to a bar frequented by regulars, but no one knows about it except Chris." 

"Well, me too, because I overheard about it one day," I say. "Okay, I believe the path leading to the woods is our best bet. How far will it go?" She asks me. 

"Um, around 30 miles," I answer, her eyes widening. "Wow," she says, and I nod. It's taking a long time to exit the woods. 

"But because the tunnel doesn't take long to escape, that's exactly what we're going to do. We knock out the guys by the couch, then proceed to the left and up a tiny set of steps to the Chris portrait. Okay?" She nods as I tell her. Her neck and hands crack. "Let's get started!" Her eagerness makes me smile. 

Let's get started. We both round the corner, my face blank, and I look at her and nod, and she does the same. 

Mirabella surprised me by hitting the guy in the neck, causing him to choke, and wrapping her arms around him, causing him to hit his hand on her arm.  

He squirmed and kicked his leg out, causing her to flip around the couch and land on his lap, holding his legs down. She then punched him across the chest and face, knocking him out. 

During her superwoman stunt, she made the other guy on the couch try to run, but he didn't see me, so I kicked my leg out, tripping him. He tries to stand up, but I kick him in the mouth, causing him to cry out and grasp his bleeding mouth.  

I sit on his back and throw my arms around his neck, attempting to elbow me, I hold his hands down. My hold is weakening since I'm still weak from earlier beatings.