Choose to fight

Your pov

Leo stood up first. "I was fighting you because I didn't understand you," I hold my ribs and rise next to him.

He holds a hand to his chest and sighed. "But now I get it -" Raph screamed and lashed his loose limb around us. "Jump!"

We dodge all of his hits. "I always figured you were mad because you didn't like the way I did things." I push leo out of the way and move from the next hit.

He gets a grip on our ankles and pulled them like pulling a rug. We fall to our backs, winding our lungs. A hand wrapped around my neck while hit tentacle wrapped around Leo's

I choke and hold onto his limb. "But when I see what's happening to you," He looks at his other brothers. "And what's happening to them..."

Two spikes grow off his back and aim for us. "I realized it wasn't about me." I dig my nails into his hand and narrow my eyes into his. "You didn't yell at him, or them, because you were mad," I spit.

He looked at me and growled. "You yelled because you were scared," I admit something that he never could. The spikes tense up and ready to fire at us.

"It's scared to be responsible for the lives you protect." I give him a weak smile and loosen my grip on his wrist. "I get it." I look back at Donnie and Mikey, and finally, Leo. "Your team... your family,"

Tears well in all of our eyes, even mine. "Friends, people that you don't even know!" I gasp for air and watch a tear fall from Mikey's eye. "But we do it anyway,"

I look at Leo with a smile. "Because that's what it means to be a hero." He completed my sentence.

I let my hands fall off his and hang by my side. "If this is it, I'm sorry." I look at Donnie. "I love you..." At Mikey. "All of you."

Leo grunted and followed up. "I want you to know I finally understand." He let go and copied my gesture. Our hands connect. I squeeze him and let a tear fall over my skin.

"And I'm sorry."

Raph moved back and blinked, his eye fading from its pink state to white. A vision appears in my mind. A red spark.

A strong wave of red power shoots out of him as he drops us to the ground. We cough and look back up at him.

I smile and stand up, holding my hands out. "That's it, big guy!" Leo laughed and stood next to me. "Raph, Raph, there you are! Come back!"

He yelled and threw his head back in pain. "Your family needs you!" He fell silent and tilted his head at us. "Leo? Y-Y/n?"

I step closer and put a hand on his shoulder. "Yes! It's us!" Keith yelled and sent a vine flying over to us. I gasp and pull Raph to the side.

I turn and watch it reach Leo. "No!" He grunted as he joined his other two brothers. He grunted as the vines travelled around and through his body.

I run and let go of  Raph. "Stop!" I hear Rpah turn and walk behind me. "Leo, Mikey, Donnie, you can fight this!"

Leo pushed forward and yelled. "Raph's doing it for us! So we do it for him!" He called to his brothers. I nodded and turned to Raph as he continued to fight over control.