Chance

Your pov

The door ones behind me as I take one last glance. "Mute... for how long?" I look at them. She leans on the hall wall and rubs the bridge on their nose.

"Since he was created." My face cringes up in embarrassment and slight discomfort. She looks at me and groans. "First, not that kind of creating, second, why would you think that?"

I shrug and lean back on the door with my arms crossed. "Seemed fitting." Her eyes roll. "For me, when I was your age I always wondered where my energy would go when I die."

My brows raise with interest. "Do you?" I nod and relax. They point to the door I was up against. "That's where." I stand straight and take a step back.

But... "How'd he get here? I mean we're forms of infinite energy, sure. But there isn't four of us-" "Ninpo."

I turn and squint at them. "You say that like I'm supposed to know what it is." She faces a clear wall and projects images through their eyes.

"Red, purple, blue and orange." Orbs of different patterns and assigned colours separate and join on the screen. "Centuries ago, our descendants banished the krang to the prison realm."

Darkness falls over the screen. "The Hamato clan, however, banished an evil entity on the same day." A monster made of metal lights up. "The shredder." He jumps at us but fades.

"For years, they used their energy, ninpo, to protect our world from his wrath." Lines and lines of shadows of men and women pass the wall. "Generations passed, and the child of the last protector refused to take on his duty and pushed away his truth to work on his passion."

The line stopped at a man with a familiar suit. "Lou Jitsu?" The films fall into a pile that got swallowed up by a hole. "Years later, he adopted four sons. Mutants of the same origin as him."

Baby turtles flash on the screen. One of each of the boys. "Based on what I know from your point in time, they have yet to completely trigger their ninpo effects."

The wall fades to black. "But not here." Her eyes opened and returned to their normal e/c as they looked at me. "Zeph is a creation of lost ninpo paths. Raphael's started his growth."

She pulls out another photo from their pocket. "When we found out, we did what our ancestors did." They hand me the picture. A baby lay in the arms of the purple turtle.

"Each of the brothers combines a spark of their energy and made his life source." I look back at her. Their eyes lay on her hands. "All I did was tie it all together."

They close into fists and curl to her side, making her hug themselves. "But there was a defect. I don't know if I messed something up, or if it was just the fact that it wasn't pure energy like our ancestors."

She looks at me. "He was born without a voice box." I glare at the door. "Laryngeal atresia..." I look back and see them nod.

"Not completely, but yeah." I look at the floor. If I changed the future already... does that mean I can make it so that he doesn't exist? What if I do...

"I know... what happened." I hear an audible flinch as I look up. "With Usagi." They squeezed themselves tighter and looked into my eyes.