Before its too late

Your pov

"Tell him before it's too late." Escapes my mouth in a whisper. My eyes fall onto his. "Do you... do you have a concussion?"

I wince at him. "Do I have - what?! No!" I reported. I tried to sit up, but Donnie's arms were in the way... and so was he.

I sigh and lay back down. "Who do you need to tell? What do you need to tell him? Is it Draxum?" I shot my eyes like bullets at him. "No..."

I sit up on my elbows, bringing our faces closer together. He moves back but keeps his hands on the bed. "Donnie... I-"

There's a knock on the door. "Yo! Y'all have been in there for ages! How are you not done." April's voice boomed through the door.

Donnie speeds off of me and to the door. I sit up and watch him converse with her through a small gap. I wasn't listening.

'You've told him enough. '
'He won't like you back. '
'Why don't you go take that Swan dive, huh?'

"Stop." I cover my head with my hands and back up to the wall. "Just... stop." I take a fist full of my hair and pull my knees to my chest.

"Y/n?" I gasp and look up. The voice wasn't Donnie's. Or April's. Or Carol's. "Hey, little me..."

I slow my breathing. "Wha..." I look around. I was on a bed. Future me sitting beside me. "What am i -" "I channelled you here." She sighs.

They tilt their head and look at me. "We need to talk..." I look away and wrap around myself again. 'No. No. No. No. No.'

A hand was placed on my knee. "The resistance isn't holding up too well. The mystic league is holding a boundary for enough time to come up with a plan."

I managed to share a look with her again. "Have you talked to Draxum yet?" I shake my head. "Have you told him?"

That made something in me snap. I stand up off the bed and look at her. "Okay! Pause!" I take a quick breath before continuing. "You can't just say that and not give me an explanation!"

I laughed and ran a hand through my hair. "Tell him before it's too late." What gives?!" Y/n stands up with me and puts her hands up. "Calm down -" "No!" They flinch and step back.

My eyes sting, and my throat is dry once again. I take big cups of air and pace in lines. Back and forth. "I've known Donnie for less than a week! I've been through hell, and you put even more shit on me!"

My mouth is running faster than my brain. "You're supposed to know me. To know what I've been through... because you've been through it, too!"

She sits down on the bed again and lands into their hands. "I'm starting to get a normal life. School. Friends. A healthy life! Don't you think I'm trying?! I'm trying for you. For Casey. For all the people to list. For me!"

I turn and yell at her in the face. "I'm trying for me!" I hit my chest with my fist. "YOU'RE TRYING FOR HIM!" Now they snapped. "He died because of me!"

She continued. But all I could focus on was the fact that they never said Donnie's name. It was always "him" or "he." Never "Donnie".

"You think I'm giving you this pressure on purpose? I'm trying to help!" She stood up and stepped closer to me. "Trying to help you do things that I never could!"

They clenched their fists, causing gusts of light emiting from them. "So that you don't make the same mistakes that I did..." Her voice cracked.

We gazed at each other. "I'm sorry."

"AHHHH!" "Y/N WAKE UP!" My eyes shoot open, and I seemed winded. I clenched the cloth on my chest and took large breaths of air.

My face was cupped in someone's hands. Large hands. Big fingers. Three fingers. "D-Donnie." I whimper.

I put my hands over his quickly, telling him not to let go. "Don't let me go... please don't let me go." I cried.

I watched through my blurry vision as April crept onto the bed. Her hands slither around me as she pulled me closer to her. "Please... please."

She lightly pulled me away from the turtle's grip and lay down. She held me closer and right to her chest and stroked my hair. "Shhh. It's okay. We're here."

I whispered and whined. My breathing and heart rate skyrocketed. "No... no, no, no." I scrambled to sit up. "Y/n, stop."

I crashed into Donnie. I looked at him. Images of what he would look like in the future flashed in my head. "No. No! No! NO!" My voice cracked as I pushed him off of me and fell to the floor.

I crawled away and covered my face. "Get away from me! Stay away from me!" Footsteps were approaching me.

I grabbed tuffs of my hair and pulled at it to distract me from the needles in the back of my eyes. Rocking back and forth,  I can't seem to block out the voice.

'What if it's too late?'
'You failed.'
'Ask eyes are on you.'
'Are you really gonna tell him?'
'Finally, giving in, huh? You have to talk to Draxum.'
'Y/n!'

I gasp and look up. There is no room. No April. And No Donnie. Nothing. Just me and the darkness. My breathing echoed through the endless void.

"Y/N!" A whine escapes me as I stand up. Fists at my face. Feet apart. I look around and take a deep breath. I close my eyes.

My head moved around. I couldn't sense any auras. I was alone. My lids open. "Y/n?"

My body was flush with something soft. My head elevated above that level. My head is pounding. There's a shadow blocking the light.

I try to lift my head, but his at the pain of the sudden movement instead. A hand fled from my side to the throbbing sensation. I massaged the spot and opened my eyes completely.

April was sitting on the bed next to me with her hand next to mine. Her brows are stitched together, but a small smile lies on her face.

I sense movement at the end of my bunk. My eyes move to see,  none other than the purple mutant genius.

What had happened? I dream inside of a time bend? Or was it reality? 'It felt so real...'

I chuckle and move my hand through my hair. "You good, gurl?" I don't take my eyes off Donnie. I hum escaped me. "Fine... I'm fine."

Word count: 1124
A/n: sorry this took so long '-_-. I haven't forgotten! Just been busy with school and the hospital. I'm having a check-up in two weeks and another surgery in four. So that's fun (he says with a hint of sarcasm) Anywizzle. Thank you and goodbye.