CHAPTER THIRTY - CLINGY

Ivory POV

"Grayson gave me back my phone !" I said but he didn't listen at all.

" Grayson, I need my phone back please?" I asked again.

"For what? To call that guy again?? " He said and I frowned at him

What's with him?? Why is he acting this way?

"Look, just give me back my phone because I need to call someone! " I said to him but he just glared at me.

" What is wrong with you? " I asked him when I didn't get a reaction from him. " Please can you give me my phone! " I said as I extended my hand.

" Here! " Instead of my phone he handed me his phone.

"Grayson this is yours!"

"You want to call? Use mine!" He said and didn't bother to say it again.

He was just lying there in his bed.

We just arrived home from vacation. It was night time when we arrived. Then this morning I received a message from Chris that I need to call him asap. It's about his Mother. During the middle of my call Grayson just suddenly grabbed my phone and ended the call.

I breathed out and was still confused about what happened to him.

I thought we became close during the vacation but now I am confused. I sat on the side of his bed and I looked around. It's my first time seeing his room.

"Grayson…  Is there something wrong?" I asked him.

He looked at me and then to my surprise he put his head on my lap. Woah!

"Hey! Why are you acting strange?" I asked him.

" You pat my head please? " He said while taking my hand and putting it to his head. But instead of patting, I played with his hair. It's soft and nice.

"Can we stay like this?" He said and frowned on his reaction.

"Huh? You know you're getting weirder? " I put my palm on his forehead and it's hot.

"You're hot!" I exclaimed as I was about to put his head on the bed but he protested.

"I know I am hot! " He said with a pouty face.

"No! I mean! You're having a fever! Let me get medicine for you and a thermometer!"

" No! Just stay! I want to hug you! " He said, then turned his head and hugged my belly. "You are soft and warm! I am home!" He said while still hugging me. I stayed rotted and didn't move because I was shocked.

"You are not ok! Let me get medicine ok??" I said but he held me tightly.

"Don't let me go! Please??? I want you here. Stay this way!"

" Just a moment then I will be back after??? Just let me get the medicine?? Hmmm? " I asked him.

Now I know why he's been acting strange when we are inside the plane then to the airport. He keeps holding me and sticks to me. He even wanted to follow me even when I went to the comfort room.

"Gray??" I said

"Gray???" I repeat as I didn't get a reaction from him.

"Hmmm?" He said while his head was buried on my stomach. I feel awkward though. I still haven't taken my shower this morning because I called Chris after I woke up.

"Gray, can you move a little! I haven't taken my shower yet! So please stop sniffing on me!" I said as I can't help it.

He hugged me tightly and even sniffed me. This guy really needs his medicine.

"I will get medicine first? Hmm?"

"Hurry!" He complained when he let go of me.

"Yeah…! I'll be back, don't sleep yet!" I said to him,

I hurriedly went to my room and took the medicine box with me. I handed him a glass of water and the medicine.

"Feed it to me, please?" Sighing but I chose to do what he wants.

"There!" I said I put the medicine in his mouth.

" Thank you!" He said.

"Come back here please! " He said as he watched me walk away.

"I just stay here at the side ok? I will watch you till you sleep! I need to monitor your temperature!" I said to him while scrunching a little because I am standing beside his bed.

" No,! Stay here!" He said as he patted the vacant side of his bed.

" I can't monitor your temperature Gray! Also… !"

" Ohhh…  Please just stay beside me! " He said and I shakely inhaled a deep breath.

I need to check his temperature from time to time because he has a high fever. And this causes him to hallucinate and say something that he doesn't mean.

"Why are you not moving? " He said and I can see that he's fighting his eyes to fall asleep.

"Grayson, stay still and close your eyes! Ok? I will stay at your side and I am going to take care of you! " I said as I took a chair, put it beside his bed and sat on it.

"Not there! I want you to sit here in bed! Not there! " He said, whining while tiredness and sleepiness hooded his eyes.

" Grayson!" I said as I tried to put him to sleep but damn the man still had energy to put up with me.

So instead of me helping him lying properly on his bed I ended up cuddling him since this guy was practically clinging to me like a koala. The moment my butt hit the mattress he made me lay down and he wrapped me with his two muscular arms.

Damn! It feels warm and hot since his temperature is still on high but no matter how I tried to convince him to let me go, it's futile. So I just go with the flow instead.

I ran my hands into his soft hair since he said he wanted me to caress it. Sometimes I wonder what happened to Grayson in the past. I felt he was a different person now.

The coldness and sharpness of his eyes when he looked at me was no longer there. Instead he is warm and gentle to me. But then again, this Grayson we are talking about here.

I don't want to raise my expectations towards him cause I know I will end up failing my hopes. There's no way he will be kind to me. I should never forget the looks that he gave to me each day those past few years.