CHAPTER SEVENTEEN - MEMORY LANE

Ivory POV

"Holy shit!" That's all they said when I finished explaining everything to them.

"Shit… . I still can't process it. That guy is your husband?" Alana said while looking bizarre at me.

"Yup! It happened six years ago! And now I am here to process our annulment!"

"Huh? Do you think that he will allow it? I mean based on how he acted, being persistent to you?? I don't think he… !'

"No! Grayson is not that kind of guy Alana. There's no way he wants to have connections to me. For sure, he is happy now that I am here to process it. As I said, he grew up not wanting me here!"

"Yeah but everything's changed!" Sana said this time.

"No, nothing changes Sana!" I said to her, "Give me a pointed look.

"Are you sure?? Because if that's Grayson. The guy who is constantly asking me about you. The one who even asks for your new number to me?? Because he can't contact you? " Sana narrated on and on.

" It's nothing like that S! So many things happened ! "

" You and your blind eyes! " Alana said and I smiled at her.

" So you texted that you have something to tell us??? " I asked her, trying to divert the topic. I really hate it when they fucos themselves to me.

" Well remember the convention that you need to attend? "

" Oh yes! Don't tell me Mrs Gomez asked you??? "

" Yup! "

" Then who will look after Janna? " I asked her.

" Well, I told Mrs Gomez that can't come without my daughter. So she said Janna can come with me! "

" And so?? What's the problem? " Sana asked her.  This girl has no patience at all.

"hmmm.. I didn't know Jared was there too, with Grayson. Both of them are there to attend the convention! To make it short he found out about Janna and now he wanted to be part of my daughter's life. I just…  urgg…  I really want to hit that guy's face. I told him my daughter doesn't need anything from him. But he demanded and said if I continue not communicating with him then he has no choice but to take this in court. I really hate that guy! '' She said and can sense frustration in her voice.

"You know it will come to this if he is going to find out Al. Anyway it is bound to come. Maybe it's about time to put an end to whatever problem with that guy. Maybe he will be a good father to Janna. Who knows right??" I told her to try to calm her down.

" I don't think so! I don't want to give my daughter high hope V. I don't want her to get hurt just like me. That guy is expert in making anyone fall for him then after he just goes to dump them like trash. I don't want my daughter to experience the same pain I felt. There's no way! I will protect her at all costs!" She said and I saw her eyes slowly tear up. She must have been hurt pretty badly by Jared that she lost hope about him.

"You know I feel you! Grayson and I never started on good footing. Since the first day I arrived at their home. Never once I felt he made me feel that I am home. So yeah, we grew up apart from each other. Treating each other like we don't know. It was really hard because we stayed in the house. But each time I saw him glaring at me. I felt the same pain I felt when I saw my parents at the morgue that day. As much as I want to be part of their family. I didn't attempt to because I know deep down there's no way in hell that it will happen! "I said as I opened up to them.

" Wow! He's mean to you?? Wait till I see him again. I am going to punch that idiot! " Sana said I saw her gritting her teeth, which means that she's angry.

"It's ok Sana, that's all in the past. I don't wanna dwell on it anymore! Anyway right now, all I want is to process the annulment, then attend Sana's wedding after that I will go back there and work naturally like before! " I told them.

" Yeah! Oh…  Ok! Now I know and can understand why you said that nothing's changed! And I understand why you acted that way to him after you both did it! "

I can feel my cheeks flushed as Sana mentioned the last part of her words. I gulped as I tried to act naturally as I don't want to get caught by these two.

"I wanted to forget about Sana. What happened was a mistake. There's no reason for me to see him again that day because I felt like I betrayed him in some way. But I already told him how sorry I am. It's not my fault anyway why he didn't recognize me in the first place! "

" Yeah! How did he end up not noticing the familiarity? Maybe that's the reason why he said you looked familiar to him! " Sana said and I nodded.

" Yeah! I think so! I remembered the first time I saw you. You don't look like that. You're too simple and those dresses are meant for manang . "

" I don't look like that though! "

" Yes you are! You're too weird for your own but remember no matter what kind of dress or fashion you are. You will always be beautiful if you are beautiful inside. I remembered how you helped me stay alive during our internship. You helped so much that I felt like I owe everything to you! " Sana said, making me wanna tear up.

" Geez stop it! Let's stop going down our memory lane. I don't think it's good for us. We will end up getting teared up!" I said to them as I brushed my tears with my hand.