CHAPTER TWENTY TWO - LIE

Grayson POV

I know it's wrong to lie.

Back in school we thought to say the truth and avoid lying. But I have to say that sometimes in life you have to create a white lie in order to stay living.

It's a lie that came this far as businessman if I didn't lie more than once. Yes I did! I am not proud of it but at least I am able to sustain our company to the greatest and I know it's for the good.

But lying to someone you love right in front of their face is not easy.

First to my parents.

I know I am hypocritical to say this. Since I was lying to them the moment they told me that I had to marry her. That I need to marry her in order for our family to be one and at the same time the shares of the company will be one.

When mom asked me about Ivory and I. I had to lie. Honestly I don't it's for Mom that I had to say it to her but I know deep inside me I am lying because I wanted to. I know it's for my own benefits.

I told her that she's staying with me. That made her happy. To make her more happy I even told her that we can go on vacation. She looked ecstatic when I said it. But what surprised me when she said it's a perfect idea.

We go together as a family and it's a good thing since Ivory is already home. That hit me thousand times, Ivory going with us makes my heart beat wild.

So I agreed to her suggestions and even told her she can decide wherever and when. Yes! I used my mom's lured ivory to come with us. She would never say no if my mom is at stake.

She always has a good heart. She may be different physically but her heart still remains pure and compassionate. She will always look for the others after herself.

Why did I not see before? Why did I have to spend my time with those useless girls who only want my money and power?

I have had so many regrets in the past. I am an idiot and foolish for neglecting her and not paying attention to her worth. You can judge me all you want. Some of you might say that I just got my eyes on her because she became beautiful? And that her physical appearance is different back from before.

Yes you can say that to my face. I won't mind because half of it is true. But another part of me is that I genuinely feel that love slowly forms in my heart as I saw her six years ago.

I remembered back six years ago when I saw her talking and laughing with her in the corner. She lit up the room with her beauty. It feels like my eyes have their own mind as it follows whatever she does.

At first I thought that it was only merely a physical attraction but after that night. When I finally got to see her closer. I know from that moment I am under her spell.

But unfortunately she left me hanging and didn't even bother to look back for me. I have been with many women before but she's the first one who left me in the morning all alone in my bed.

I expected that she would stay in my bed and I would ask her to spend a day with me and get to know each other. Because honestly I don't want to end what happened between us that night.

I was planning to make it right and maybe hoping to have a relationship with her. But she doesn't want to do anything with me and told me not to contact her. 

So I have to respect her decision but when I saw her stepping inside my mom's room in the hospital. That moment I know I have to do something this time. Because faith has already made our path to cross again. If it's not because we are meant to be then what is it?

"Stop smiling! You look like an idiot!" Justin said as he noticed me smiling like an idiot inside my office.

He just arrived and now he is pain in my ass.

" What do you want?? " I asked him.

"I need your signature for this!" He said and gave the folder.

"You can just let your secretary hand it to me!"

"Nah…  I got bored in my own office. I would rather stalling here because I know you will keep me entertained! " He said and I frowned.

" What do you think of me? Your clown?? "

"Hehe of course not! I just want to talk!" He said to me,

Of course he has trouble too about his love life. For sure it is something about a girl named Sana. I didn't have to guess.

"Why does she doesn't want me to stay at home? I can cook for us!" He said he was talking to himself.

"What are you talking about?"

"It's Sana!" See I am right!

"So what about her?"

"She said she doesn't want me at home! I told her I won't marry her if she still insists that I will not sleep on her bed! "

" Goodness, you are such an idiot! "

" Idiot??? I am about to become her husband. What do you expect from me? Act like a priest? No way! "

" I know! But you should be careful in saying those. Don't rush or push it too much to her. Think of something that makes her have no choice but to agree! " Yeah just like I did man. You just don't have any idea what kind of thing I did but it's all worth it.

Am I an idiot now?? I think so!

"Then what?? I have to push her so she won't think of escaping me!"

"Why do you think that she will escape from you??" I asked him.

"Well, I can't help though. She's friends with those you and Jared have hots for. And those two girls have a history of running away. Who knows she will turn like her friends! " He said and I shook my head.

Sometimes this guy doesn't use his brain. Why did I become friends with him??