CHAPTER TWENTY - VACATION

Ivory POV

Just arrived from the hospital and I went straight to Tita's room. Still standing outside I can hear her voice sounds very energetic and happy. I wonder what makes her happy.

I knocked on the door and proceeded to open it. I saw how my Tita's eyes lit up when she saw me. Grayson and Tito standing beside her wearing the same face reactions as well. 

Wow!

"Dear, thank goodness you are here! Grayson here gives us good news!" She said while her eyes glittered and her smile was so contiguous that I couldn't help myself but to smile at her too.

"Oh… ! It must have been good news because it made Tita happy!" I answered her.

" Of course! Come here! " She said and went next to her. The moment I was beside her she hugged me closely. I just let her as she patted my back.

" I am so happy dear! Grayson here delivers us some good news! He said that we are all week going on a vacation. Can you believe it?? It's been so long since my son invited us to have a vacation together and what's more important! All of us are going! "I quickly let go of myself to her and looked at her confused.

" All of us??? " I asked her.

" Yeah…  including you! You are his wife after all!" Oh my gosh! I almost lost my balance if not because how she held me closer I would be on the floor.

My eyes quickly looked for Grayson. He was sitting on the sofa comfortably while smiling looking at me and his mother. I looked at him with a mix of emotions, confusion, puzzle and question?

What the hell just happened?

If not for Tita and Tito here I would be screaming at him. What the hell is he thinking right now?

Vacation?

I glared at him when he didn't seem to flinch even a little. The guy just appeared to be relaxed and his face looked at me with an expression I don't want to say because there's no way he would have that.

No way!

So don't go there brain!

"I thought that since you are on leave from your work you might as well use it. We can go on vacation from other countries. Whatever, whenever and wherever you want! " Grayson said, making me even more confused.

The fuck? What is wrong with him??.

"Uhmmm!" I cleared my throat, gaining all their attention.

"Actually how many days does the vacation take?" I asked

"We can do it for a whole month or two! Whatever your pace! I am ok with it. Just wanted to celebrate mom's recovery and the same time with you already home! " He said and I really want to punch that guy right now.

" A month? Isn't it too long?? I mean how about your work? " I asked him.

" We own the company babe! I don't think being away for a couple of days or as much as a month would go wrong. Anyway, there's a thing called the internet. I can still communicate and do my work from time to time!"

What did he call me?? Babe?? When he called me babe after that I lost it. I didn't get to grasp the whole sentence he said because the word babe keeps on repeating on my own. I swear it made me dizzy??

What happened?

I heard my Tita giggles right behind me and I moved sideways to look at her. She has this dreamy and fond face that I know is going to end well for me.

"Ohhh…  It is so nice to see both of you. This is my ultimate dream to see both casually being husband and wife. Sometimes being here in this hospital bed is a blessing in disguise because I get to see you dear and now see both of you. I really wanted to cry right now!" She said and I saw her eyes teared up.

So I didn't hesitate to hug her. Being confused and tense I forget it for a moment. The important thing is that Tita is happy.

"So we will start planning our vacation hmm??" She asked me and I nodded at her.

"Why don't we go to Greece Santorini? I have never been there. Who knows Santorini will be the place where my grandchild will be made! " She said with a mischievous smile.

That made me blush and I wish that someone will come inside so I will be saved by this dilemma of mine now.

" Oh…  that would be possible right babe?" I quickly took a sharp look at him. But the guy just blindly took my reaction for granted.

What the hell?

As answered prayer the door opened and a nyse came inside.

"Doc, Mr. Alcanza called you. He said wants to talk to you!" She said and I almost jumped in joy for rescuing me in the middle of this chaos that Grayson created.

"Ok! Tell him I'll come to his office?" I answered then she left.

"Tita I need to go? I'll talk to you later! "

" I'll walk you outside! " Grayson presented and deep inside I celebrated for I need to talk to him about this nonsense he mess he created.

" Oh sure! " Tita smiled at the both of us. " Don't mind us! You can come back tomorrow to both of you. Why don't you have a date?? It's been many years since Ivory has gone. You should spend more time together! " Tita said and I gave her a small smile.

" Sure Mom! " Grayson said and I really want to punch. My hands are itching to do it. But we are in front of his parents for sure they wouldn't want to see us in that kind of situation.

" Awww!"

"Do you want something Mom? A food you want to eat?" Grayson asked her.

"No! Just give me a grandchild. I almost died and that feeling that I am going to heaven without seeing my grandchild scared me. I am not getting younger anymore and my body is getting weaker. At least let me spend my remaining years taking care of my grandchildren! Please?" She said to us more with her eyes fixed on me.

I didn't know what's got into me but I nodded at her in response. It's like I got hypnotised by how she smiles softly at me.