CHAPTER SIXTEEN - MEET AGAIN

Ivory POV

It's been a day since I came here. I didn't get to come to my hotel room again because I am busy monitoring my Tita's condition. She's out of danger now. Luckily I arrived at the right time.

I haven't seen Grayson since I came here. Maybe he's too busy because of work.

Instead of going back to my hotel room I just stayed at my Tita's room. It's big enough anyway. Tito stayed all night too. I really admired their love for each other.

Hope to find it for myself. Maybe I can only hope. For now work is more important. Love can wait.

I was about to go back inside my Tita's room when I heard a familiar talking to Tito. I know it since it's been haunting me for years now.

But as much as I want to avoid seeing him again, I can't because Tita is already awake. That's why I was summoned to go back to her room.

The nurse opened the door for me and I saw all eyes went on me, especially Tita. I just fixed my gaze on her, not minding the questioning look that Grayson gave me.

"It's really you!" She said I saw her tears slowly dropping and I quickly went to the side.

"Hey hey . Stop crying! It's not good for you!"

"But you came??? And it was you who saved me.?" She said between her crying.

"Yes!" That made her even cry more.

" Tita, please calm down! "

" Don't worry I am just happy seeing you here in front of us. It's been so many years dear! I really missed you so much! " She said and hugged her this time.

" I miss you too! "

"But I need to relax and calm. I'll be here? Rest and relax ok?" I said to her as I know her body still sore after everything happened. I am happy that she's a fighter.

It takes only a minute for her to go back to sleep. She really badly needed sleep! I turned around and I saw Tito and Grayson looking at me.

Grayson's eyes never leave me.  He keeps shaking his head with a puzzled look. I know that would be the kind of reaction I will get from him. He must have been confused about how and why I ended up here.

Tito must have noticed the silence between us as he looked at the two of us.

"I will get some of your mom's things in the house" Tito said and he left us.

" Can we talk outside? I don't want to disturb Tita's sleep! " I asked him. He nodded at me silently and he followed me.

The hospital accommodates me in such a way they give me my own space here like my own office. I think they are serious in scouting me as one of their doctors here.

"So you lied?" He asked me when we finally settled inside the room.

I raised my brows on him.

Lied?

"No…  I never lied to you? My name is V!"

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"It's not my fault you didn't recognize me! As far as I can remember I was avoiding you! But you came to that bar!"

"Ahuh?? Then you didn't clarify anything to me? After what happened.? You didn't care to tell who you are?? "

"Nope! I just don't want to know your reaction. I know you would act this way " I reasoned.

"Really??? Then that's it? You just concluded that I am going to react like that? You didn't consider anything? You just let yourself decide! "

"I know I was wrong that I didn't clarify to you that it's me! What do you expect me to say? Hey Grayson it's me Ivory? Remember? Your soon to be ex wife? "

" Ex wife? " He asked me as if I said something strange.

" Yeah…  it's almost seven years. According to our agreement we will file an annulment right?" I told him.

"Oh that… !" He said he remembered something.

" So yeah! That girl was me. And I am sorry I didn't tell you it's me. I am really really sorry! " I said to him.

" So…  You are going to stay here now? "

" No! I am on leave from work! "

" But…  "

" What but?? " I asked him.

" Can we just talk again?? I need to process this. I still can't believe it's you? You change a lot!" He said to me,

"Yeah!... Ok! I need to go too. I need to check on Tita!" I said to him,

"Yeah…  Thank you for taking care of her while I am away! I am packed with work. I was overseas when dad called me!"

" It's ok! "

I walked away and was about to leave when he spoke again.

" Want to grab something to eat?? " He asked me

" Thanks! But I can manage! " I answered him.

" No, that's at least I can do for you after you have done so much for Mom! " He Said

" It's ok, she's my mom too!" I told him.

I didn't wait for his response as I went out. I felt like I was suffocating after everything. At least it turned out good. I am more nervous talking to him than performing a surgery.

And he asked me to grab some snacks with him?

Nah…  I don't think it's the best idea at all.

My phone rings and I see Alana and Sana name calling me for group chats.

"Hi!"

"You didn't tell me you're here!" Sana greeted me.

"Sorry .. I just got work out from so many things. I forgot to tell you!"

"Yeah if not for Alana I wouldn't know!" She said .

"Come on, it's not a big deal!"

"How's your mom?" She asked me.

"She's ok now! But I have some clarification and I need you. Can you come here?" I asked Sana..

"Of course! I thought you wouldn't ask. We are a team and you just get in the war without the two of us!" She dramatically exclaimed and I laughed at her.

" Sorry that you both need to work since I am not there!"

"Yeah just make sure, you are here for my wedding!"

"Shit! So V , you gonna stay longer? Because you might as well wait for Sana's wedding?" Alana said to me.

"Yeah .. actually I also have personal errands to do. I think it will take time to process it! "

" What is it?? " Both of them asked me.

Here comes the raining questions. For sure they would be very persistent after they know everything.