CHAPTER TWENTY ONE - HOUSE

Ivory POV

I hurried to get out and move aside as swiftly took off his arms that settled on my shoulder. He was taken aback for a moment then compost himself after.

"What was that? What happened back there?" I asked him as I stood in front, confronting him.

"What?" He asked me instead, acting like nothing happened back there.

"You know what I mean! Why did you tell them we are all going on vacation? Clearly the last time we talked I told you we are going to process the annulment not the vacation! " I said to him.

" Oh…  that! I thought that it would make Mom happy which actually works. She's happy right? That's the important thing. We don't want to do things that might upset her! " He said and I tilted my head thinking.

He has a point but having vacation? Isn't it too much?

" What were you thinking when you told them that we are all going on vacation? Including me?? You know you have work! And also how about the processing of the annulment? " I asked him.

" Look, a week of vacation won't hurt our career that much V. Family is more important than anything!"

" Grayson, you said too many bluffs out there. Babe?? Grandchildren? You are giving them false hope. I thought they already knew about our situation because you said back six years ago to me that you will handle your parents. And now we are in this dilemma because obviously you didn't do what you promised! " I told him as tried to make him recall what he said back there. 

" I know I am sorry about it. I am sorry because I don't have a heart to break them. If I told them that we just married because we have an agreement. They would be very disappointed and I don't want that to happen. I may not be expressive in terms of showing my affection to them but I am not that heartless! " He said to me with a serious expression on his face.

" But you have to take back what you said. I can't go with all of you on vacation. I hate to break their heart too but we need to let them know the truth rather than hiding it and later they will come to know. And it would be more painful since we keep it a secret for a long time from them! " I said

" It takes time to annul a marriage. So how about you staying here for a while while waiting for it? "

" I have work! I can't just leave anytime I want! "

" You are a high demand doctor. You can work anywhere you want!"

" Look Grayson, I don't know what you are doing right now. But please, I want you to consult me next time whatever you are planning that involves me! " I said to him.

" Sorry, I decided on my own! You saw how Mom became happy right? As her son I thought it might be the best and I thought as a doctor you might understand my feelings about it. I am sorry! " He said.

Wow he said sorry to me? I felt goosebumps. The Grayson I know would never say sorry to me. He would never go down to my extend.

"Ok I understand! Just please next time, you will tell me beforehand. I don't want what happened back there to happen again.
I hope you understand! I didn't mean anything, it's just that. I was shocked and confused about what happened. I am sorry for my outburst! " I said, trying to calm myself down. Now at least I know what I'm thinking.

"Ok…  so are we good! You and Mom will plan ok? You just have to tell me everything then I will do the rest!" He said while I see satisfaction and relief in his eyes.

"Yeah…  Let's just pray her condition will go this good so I can discharge her then maybe start to plan! " I said to him.

" Good! Hmmm! " He said like he was contemplating on what to say to me.

" Something wrong? " I asked him

" Well you told me not to surprise you but I just want to say beforehand that. Before you came in, Mom asked about you! And then I kind of told her that you are staying at my condo! And she's nagging me that I should get a house cause a married couple should have one! "

I felt my soul leave my body the moment he told me.

"What?"

"Yeah! So she contacted one of her friends and told her that she needs a house and a lot for me and you!" Goodness I thought the situation was already worse now it's even worse.

"I am sorry I tried to stop her but she said that she wanted this!"

"And??"

"We can view the house together maybe the next day!!"

"There's a house already??" I asked him, amazed and confused at the same time.

"Yeah!"

Why did I even bother to ask? Of course they have connections they can get anything in a blink of an eye.

"But I am staying in a hotel!"

"That's why I told you. Please I don't want my mom to know that we live separately. She is already mad and disappointed that we are apart six years. I don't want to give her another headache!" He said in a low voice.

"Fine!" I sigh and feel defeated.

What else can I do? I don't want her to be more upset.

"When are you going to tell them about our annulment then?" I asked him as I looked at him.

"Actually that! Since it will take a while. We can stay in the same house then process the annulment… yeah.. that's right! "

What is this guy saying? I don't understand him at all.

" You know what I mean Grayson. When? I already agreed to live on the same roof with you. No need to mention it again. I just want to know when you will announce it to them? We can't just go on like this? " I said to him.

" Can you give me some time? I don't want to upset Mom! "