CHAPTER ONE - NUISANCE

Gray POV

My brows knitted in confusion and at the same time I am beyond rage at what they just told me.

I didn't come here on their house juts to heat this stupid conversation with them. Because in the beginning I don't understand why it had to be me in the first place?

"Son, please understand! We need you to understand us this time!" My mother said in a pleading voice. I can sense that she almost breaks into tears at any moment.

I really hate to see her this way. That's why I really hate the person that made her do this.

"Mom, you know I've been patient enough. And what you ask me to do is too much. How on earth will I be able to marry that orphan of yours? You want me to marry someone who is stupid? " I answered her.

" Son, you know she's not like that! "

" Mom, she's more than that. She's weird in every sense. What kind of human being likes to read books all the time? And top of it, she has no taste in fashion! And you want me to marry her? Isn't it absurd Mom? I was against adopting her five years ago and now you want me to marry her? Isn't it enough how I was humiliated back in my college days because you enrolled her to the same school I had? " I said.

It's really outrageous and odious even thinking about it made me want to vomit. My goodness, what kind of sense did my parents have? Are they out of their mind now?

Five years ago, they adopted an unknown girl. She just showed up in our house with my parents and they told me that she's going to live with us.

Just at a first glance, I know I won't like her here. She's a nuisance and I don't even want to look at her.

But then, I had to endure everything since I still depended on my parents at that time. But after a year, I worked in my father's company till I became his replacement as CEO of the company.

It's been three years since then and I have already achieved so much. I have built another business and broader our company. And now they wanted me to marry their adopted daughter? This is such a low blow.

I know I am not getting younger but the fact that I have so many ladies lining up for my attention at any time I want them in bed makes things convenient for me.

I never had a girlfriend, not even once. I don't believe in such feelings since why stay for one when you have anyone?

I have many booty calls on my list. But truthfully I don't even remember they're names. Call me assholes but what can I do? They are the ones who keep coming?

"If you will come to know her. You will know how beautiful she is, son. It's not the appearance that is important but the heart!" This time it's what my dad said to me.

I almost cringed when he said heart. My goodness for me I don't even know I have that. Love? Even worse! I don't have both. Though I love both of my parents with all my might.

"Dad, you can't make me agree. I won't marry that girl!"

"Then you will need to step down in your position!" My dad's voice echoed and my soul almost left my body. What the hell?

"What????" I said as I was shocked written on my face.

"You heard me!"

"What? You are willing to make me step down in my position just for that girl?" I said in disbelief.

"Yes!"

"You only made me hate her more, dad, mom!"

"Please son! We are only doing this for your own good! I swear!" My mom is now crying looking at me and my dad.

" Why? "

"Son in time you will understand but for now please you must do what we want you to do! This is for your own good!" She said almost out of breath.

" Own good? For pity's sake Mom, you know she's the reason why I don't want to come here in our house, in my very own house, imagine that! I hated every fiber of that woman! " I answered.

Ever since I inherited the position as CEO. I made sure to have my own place so I won't see her everyday. It made me sick how my parents treated her like she's their own.

"Grayson!!! You're too much!" My dad raised his voice. I won't even wonder if his voice will reach in our neighborhood house this time.

"You both are too much! Was it not enough that I left our house in order not to see her? And now you want me to marry the person I hated the most? And you call me too much? You both are too much dad, mom! I am your real son and from what you are showing it seems that I am the adopted one!" I said my voice was full of hurt and pain.

I really can't take it anymore. They both are too much.

"If you don't listen to me and your mother then say goodbye to your position. My decision is final. I will let you think for now! I will give you a week to decide!" He said this time his voice is soft but with a warning.

"Why are you doing this?"

"Remember that we are doing this because we love you so much. That we don't want you to lose everything. The moment you will come to know everything then you will thank us. But for now do not question our love for you! "

" I still don't understand! "

" In time you will"

After that I said goodbye to them since I can't take the pain anymore. That night I went to a bar and had to do what I needed to do.

*********

PLEASE COMMENT IF YOU LOVE THE STORY.