CHAPTER TWO - PART

Ivory POV

My body is shaking as I can't stop myself from hearing their loud voices that eoched the entire house. For sure, he will be outside of my school gate tomorrow waiting for me and he will yell at me.

It's not new to me anyway. He always does that. When he is upset or something they fight both of his parents he will come to me and say bad words.

For the past five years Gray was always cold and treated me differently. He always said that I am NUISANCE and just pabigat to their family.

I know it's true. That's why when I keep thinking about having a new life but then when I hear what they are fighting it makes me want to do it.

Hearing him saying such bad words against me is something I can't take anymore. Although, Tita and Tito kept on insisting on me for the last five years to fully adopt me but I declined.

I told them that I still want to keep my parents family name. My parents left me, they both died in a car accident. I have some relatives but before they both passed away they told me that Mr and Mrs Del Mondo will take care of me.

I told them I don't need other people, I want them. But they just stared at me and I know from those stares something is off.

I am an only child and my parents raised me conservatively. I was homeschooled since I started my learning. I don't mind as long as I can read a lot of books.

Dad has been supportive all throughout. I have this mini library for myself where I have a collection of my favorite books. I am happy beyond everything not until I heard the news that they got into an accident.

They have been busy for the past months. They said that they want to expand the business more. I don't have any clue about it anyway. Dad said he will teach me when I am at the right age.

I was thrilled and excited. I have never been out of my whole life. I shop online and buy my stuff there. I hate it when I come across a super sexy dress.

A woman should take care of her body not displaying them. I always wore knee length skirts, long slacks or long dresses. This is how my parents said I should dress.

I remembered my mom's voice echoed in my head telling me back then.

"You should always wear like that. The world is cruel. At some point don't show them your beauty. They don't deserve it. Someday the right guy will come for you. Reserve yourself to him!" I don't understand any of it.

Reserve? What am I?

I really wanted to question her but then again I am too shy to say it.

So every time they had a business meeting to attend I was left only for myself. I am ok with it. I know how to do household chores, I can cook, clean, and everything. I was raised to know everything about this.

Being always left out alone, you will learn to do it eventually.

I was brought back to reality when I heard a knock on my door. I automatically erase any trace of tears in my face. It's only Gray that treated me differently here but Tita and Tito never once treated me bad.

It's been four years since Gray decided to have his own space. I know I am the sole reason for it. Call me a hypocrite but I actually like it when he's not around here. No shouting, no nagging or even giving me back comments.

"Dear????" I heard my Tita call me.

"Yes Po?" I answered back.

They saw me sitting on my bed with a stock of books on my side. I love this habit of mine. When I am reading I feel like I am out of this world that no one can touch me.

They say at the edge of my bed and eye me carefully. Like they are trying to read my sense of willingness to hear them. I am actually all ears.

"Dear, you know we want you to be our daughter right? For the past five years we tried to convince you to be part of our family but still you refuse!" My Tita said to me.

It's true that they keep pursuing me because they want to fully adopt me. Since I didn't agree to be adopted by them. For me, my parents will always be my parents. I know Tito and Tita love me like their.own but still it feels different.

"Yes, but you know my stand on that. I still want to use my parents' names Tita and Tito! " I answered them.

" We know , that's why we came to a plan that would make you as our own daughter in a different way though!" Tito said and I know what it means since I eavesdropped just a while ago.

" Hmmm?? " I waited for them to tell me and pretend I didn't hear anything at all.

"We want you to marry Grayson dear! We want you to be part of this family fully! I want you to be my daughter in every sense of the world!" Tita said to me while looking at my eyes in a soft way. I know this is her way of pleading with me.

How can I say no? When she's looking like this?

"Tita and Tito, you know how much I want to be part of your family but what you ask me to do is something so impossible! We all know Gray won't like the idea at all and I don't want to complicate things with him!"

As much as I want to do what they want me to do but I can't. Grayson will never accept the idea I am sure of that.

If there's such a thing that he hates the most in this world it's no other than me.