60. You'll always be wanted.

Ryan

I think the colour from my face drained judging by the look of concern Quinn was aiming my way as she looked up at me. I bit the bullet and turned to face my ex for the first time since the last day of school two years ago, when I left and never looked back.

She hadn't changed. Blonde hair still just passed her shoulders, slightly curled. She had on more make up than last year. Like she had dressed to impress tonight. But when I turned and looked straight at her, that hurt feeling that was always there just wasn't there anymore. I remember it, I remember never wanting to see her in the halls, never wanting to hear her voice saying my name. Because with that all the hurt she'd caused me came flooding back.  But it's like I felt nothing for her at all now.

"Tori" I said loud enough that she heard my acknowledgement.

"You're actually here" She said shocked and smiling happily at me. I didn't return the smile just stared at her emotionless. Quinn seemed to have put two and two together when I glanced at her. She had heard about Tori, i told her enough. But hadn't actually seen her before. Although come tot think of it, knowing Quinn, she would have facebook stalked her at some point I'm sure. Always wanting to know everything about everyone, to be fully prepared. For moments like this I guess. Smart move Fabray. 

"Yeah, I'm actually here" I said with no emotion. The whole conversations strained. I just wanted it to end. So I didn't have to talk to her at all.

"It's really good to see you" She said "Its been a long time." She smiled again. 

"I wish I could say the same" I said and looked away for a second. It got slightly awkward. She didn't think I'd actually be friendly with her did she? On what planet would that happen?

"Do you want me to..." Quinn said quietly to me asking if I wanted some privacy.

"No, Stay" I said holding her hand securely in mine "I'm sure Tori's got places to be... people to meet" I said with a forced smile. 

I felt the pad of Quinn's thumb brush the back of my hand in silent comfort and I felt a surge of absolute thankfulness for her in that moment. I was kind of surprised she'd kept her cool up til this point. 

"I'd rather be talking to you." She said with that same fake ass sweet smile back at me. Noticing my hostility she turned to Quinn with fake smile too "Hi, I'm Tori... Ryan's..."

"Ex Girlfriend" Quinn finished for her. "Yeah, I'm aware." She said nodding with no emotion what so ever. 

"So you're Quinn." Tori said rather than asked and I didn't jump in, the less I had to speak to her the better. Quinn was okay handling herself right now. "I never thought I'd see the day I came face to face with you, but here were are." She said spitefully. 

"Yes here we are." Quinn answered with a fake smile of her own toward Tori. You could cut the atmosphere around us with a knife.

"So how's life in Ohio been?" Tori tried again turning to me and completely blanking Quinn. "Do you miss us... the city?" She corrected herself. But I'd heard the slip up as had Quinn This sweet act was such bullshit with Tori. I was done with it. 

"Yeah like a hole in the head" I muttered under my breath. 

"How long are you in town for? Maybe we could meet..."

"I'm gonna stop you right there" Quinn said and I looked at her in complete awe as she stood and levelled Tori with a look you really don't want to mess with. "I don't know what kind of tactic you're trying to play here but its not gonna happen." She said calmly. 

Tori's arms crossed and she squinted her eyes at Quinn in a look of pure outrage. 

"I'm sorry" Tori replied "... I believe I was talking to Ryan"