19. Duets.

Quinn

"So you were finally granted freedom" I heard as I descended the stairs to Ryan's basement. I smiled at him. "The hostage has been returned." He said followed but a chuckle from...

Sam.

Since when did he get here?

I rolled my eyes at my boyfriend who was currently sat in front of his bed in a gaming chair. As was Sam just next to him. I laid down on his bed behind them.

"Dude this place is awesome" Sam said taking Ryan's attention again. Not that I had it in the first place. His eyes were currently locked on to the TV seen in front of him as they have been since I came back into the room. "Seriously this is a dream." Sam said looking around at the room in awe.

"Well, when you have a younger sister that won't leave your girlfriend alone you kind of need your own space." He said back to him as he mashed the buttons on the control.

"Someone's jealous of their little sister" I 
sang back to him in a sickly sweet innocent voice. Teasing him. Sam turned to me and I smiled at him conspiratorially at Ryan's discomfort. Sam smiled back, but I couldn't help notice the shyness of it. Like he couldn't hold my gaze without looking away like he'd done something wrong.

I furrowed my eyebrows at that but brushed it off. It was probably nothing.

"I am no such thing." Ryan said without turning back to me, and continued playing his game.

"You sure about that, Ry" I teased again from behind him with a smirk.

"Hundred percent" I scoffed and nudged his back with my foot.

He overacted being hurt.

"You see that Sam. Abuse" He said turning to Sam, pausing the game. Who looked a little taken aback or lost. One of the two. Well he better get used to it this is me and Ryan ninety percent of the time.

"Shut up" I rolled my eyes. "What are you two playing anyway?" I asked looking at the paused TV screen.

"What you want to play?" he asked me with a smirk."Although, I'm guessing you've never played a video game in your life... so maybe...you can just watch..." He said teasing slightly. Almost challenging me to play.

"Oh, okay...so you think I can't play" I said back raising my signature eyebrow that never failed to intimidate him. He smiled more at me. "Fine, I wanna play, bring it Mr Hastings!" I said getting up from his bed I was currently recliner on.

**********

After about 20 minutes of playing with Ryan and Sam, I was beyond frustrated. Okay so... maybe Ryan had a point and I had NEVER played a game like this before, but he didn't have to know that.

But I still wasn't giving up, I wasn't raised a quitter. We were playing Call of Duty. I vaguely recognised it as a game Finn used to play when he and I were together. The screen was split down the middle and mine was apparently the one at the top.

I was currently perched on the lap of my boyfriend since their was only two seats. Ryan was peering out from my side to be able to see the screen while Sam was currently trying to give me instructions and encouragement, but it was just getting me more and more angry at the game.

Sam was trying to give me pointers for trying to find Ryan on the map, apparently I had to follow the little dot or something. But who follows maps these days anyway. That what GPS was for, especially the ones with instructions being shouted at you. Better instructions that Sam's.

Through my grunts and sighs of frustration I could literally feel Ryan vibrating with laughter from beneath me, just riling me up even more.

"Yes!" Sam said from his seat "He's right there... just" He said and from the corner of my eye I could see him almost trying to play the game with an invisible controller. Making Ryan laugh more from under me.