17. Britney/Brittany.

Ryan

"Good luck today buddy" Dad said catching me before I left for school. I was up and ready for school in no time. After a night like last night I couldn't wait to see Quinn again. I literally can't get enough of that girl. It's ridiculous. That and I was anxious to find out if I had made the team.

"Thanks dad" I said to him and he nodded.

"Ry, Ry!" Riley said from her place at the table. I looked over to her. "Say hello to Quinn for me" She said with a smirk.

And there was me actually thinking she'd say something nice to me...

I turned to leave again, but was stopped by mom. "Ry, You'll make it on the team. But... no matter what happens, just know we're ALL proud of you." She said sincerely, giving Riley a pointed look.

I smirked at Riley when she slumped down in her chair and smiled at my parents before walking over to mom, giving her a hug and a kiss on the cheek unexpectedly.

I think I left her in shock as I heard nothing else from her as I left the house.

I mean it had been a while since I'd done that. but still, its not that bigger deal. Really.

**********

Okay, no matter what... It will be fine. Make the team or not. It's fine. Make RB or not... again fine. There are plenty of other clubs here. Other teams.

That was as all that was going through my head on the walk to the team board, where the list should be posted. I took a deep breath and walked over to the board.

Looking at the team list. The third line read...

1st String - Quarterback - Sam Evans
1st String - Wide Receiver - Noah Puckerman 1st String - Running Back - Ryan Hastings

I stopped reading after that.

I did it.

I made the team for a second year.

It may not seam like a big deal to many people. But being in Glee, and just Glee alone, just isn't something you want. Having football to fall back on was a life saver at this place. It at least got you some respect.

"Yo, Dude... we did it"

Was heard from beside me. Sam. He said this with his hand out for a fist bump, which I gladly accepted.

"Dude, you have no idea how nervous I was for this" I said with a sigh of relief "I just wanted to make the team after those brutal tryouts... But keeping my position. I'm stoked man" I said with a smile, as we walked down the hall towards my locker. "Hey, QB dude... you did it too!"

"Thanks Man." He said with a smile. I opened my locker to find a note tumble out of it and into my hands. I looked at it confused for a second, before looking at Sam.

"You got fan mail already?" He said with a laugh. I laughed as well before unfolding the paper and reading its contents. Knowing who this was from just by the paper she'd written on, and neatly written handwriting.

Thought I'd bring these back again... Told you you'd have more than a chance.
Congratulations.
Qx

I smiled to myself.

"What's it say dude" Sam asked.

"Just Quinn, saying congrats." I said and pocketed the note.

"Should have guessed with that look on your face" Sam said with a smirk.