20. The Rocky Horror Glee Show.

Ryan

"Great news guys! I've had a little inspiration. This weeks musical lesson isn't really a lesson. It's a musical." Mr Schue announced to the group at the beginning of Monday morning's glee practice. Leaving Rachel chanting 'please be Evita' to herself.

Please don't.

"Rocky Horror!" He announced. I instantly smirked at this. Rocky Horror is one of my favourite musicals. I remember Dani and I, sneaking into an off broadway production to watch it a couple years back. I mean we were way too young to see it but it was so worth getting caught just to see the first act. I had to settle for watching the film for the second one.

"I've never seen it" Finn said looking confused.

"Dude, you're so missing out" I said to him. "I saw it off broadway a couple years back, it's awesome" I said looking around at the group.

Rachel looked thoroughly impressed with a megawatt smile directed at me. Before getting a look of question on her face and turning back to Mr Schue.

"Mr Schue" she asked.

"Yeah?" he replied.

"While I admire your choice of a groundbreaking 70's musical, aren't you worried that the adult themes might be a point of controversy?" she asked.

"Ahhh, yeah she kinda has a point" I backed her up.

"Seriously, a school in Texas couldn't even do RENT. It caused an outrage and they had to cancel the show." Kurt added furthering the point.

"Isn't that the whole point of the arts? Pushing boundaries? Doing things people say you can't do for the sake of self-expression?" Mr Schue responded. "Look, I figured it all out. I cut out some of the more risqué sections and I'm sending home permission slips to all your parents to make sure they're okay with it." He hands us all a permission slip that needs signing by a parent.

"Then what's the point in doing this?" I mumbled under my breath looking at the permission slip now in my hand. Before being nudged in the rib by my girlfriend that was sat next to me.

Since the drama of last week we've gotten back on track. Can't say the same thing for Sam and I, however.

"And we're going to charge admission and use the proceeds to help pay for transportation to nationals in New York!" He concluded, grabbing my attention again.

"Okay, lets talk about casting" Mr Schue said moving on swiftly.

"Oh! Finn and I will play Brad and Janet." Rachel said excitedly and as if it was a given, Mr Schue nodding in agreement.

"And I'll be playing the guy in the wheelchair, right?" Artie asked, again like it was obvious, which it really shouldn't be. But then this club gets more and more fucked up as time goes by.

"Thats what I was thinking. And I thought Kurt could play the role of Frank'n'furter." Mr Schue said, Kurt shook his head in disagreement.

"No, There is no way I'm playing a transvestite in high heels and fishnets and wearing lipstick" He said with defiance completely outraged.

"Why, 'cause that look was last season?" Santana sniped, getting an angry glare from Kurt in return.

"I'll do it" Mike suddenly said out of no where, gaining everyone's attention. All of us wearing matching shocked expressions.

"Really? It's like the male lead." Tina said to him.

"I know but I'm feeling a little more confident about my singing voice after our duets project" He said, obviously set on the part.