32. Sue Sylvester Shuffle.

Quinn

I can't believe Ryan at the moment. He says he understands that the Cheerios mean a lot to me, yet can't understand why I have to be at practice as long as I have to. I mean I'm head cheerleader. I have a responsibility to lead by example. How can I expect to get the respect of not only my squad, but coach Sylvester herself, if I blow off one of the biggest competition because my boyfriend is complaining he doesn't seem me as much anymore. I can't drop everything because he wants to spend time together.

Even as much as I'd love that myself.

I have a responsibility.

And he can't be that cut up about it. I go a what? A couple days without seeing him and he's off "hanging" out with Rachel of all people. Spending time at her house rehearsing songs and having inside jokes with each other...

Ughh!

Rachel Berry.

The Bain of my life.

As if taking Finn from me wasn't enough for her. She has to go after Ryan too. I see the way she looks at us in the halls, and in Glee Club. And don't for a minute think I missed that little gesture in their "performance" this morning. Running her hands all over what's mine.

I never thought I'd have this problem with Ryan.

To be honest, if you told me we'd be here at Christmas... I never would have believed we'd be arguing like this. Like how it was, when I was with Finn. I thought Ryan and I were different. we understood each other. Like no words had to be said and we were on the same page. Totally in sync with one another. But since this new year began. It's like we're not seeing eye to eye at all. And I just don't know why.

I just know I hate it.

I hate arguing with him.

Always have.

And I hate when he just storms off and avoids sorting our problems out. Typical Ryan behaviour. If we don't talk about it, there IS no problem. Let's all bury our heads in the sand shall we.

Easy fix , Quinn. Let's just pretend that I'm not losing another boy into the hands of Rachel Berry.

I shook my head as the bell rang for the end of the day and made my way to the gruelling practice of Cheerios.

Willing myself not to cry.

Not here.

**********

As I walked out on to the field ahead of the rest of the squad. I tried to ignore the fact that Ryan was out on the football field with the rest of the team. But no matter how hard I tried, my eyes would wander over to the guys side and inevitably find Ryan in head to two practice gear, white number fourteen jersey over his shoulder pads.

And I wasn't the only one apparently. As I looked up for the who knows what time, I locked eyes with him from afar, as he took of his helmet. Hair sweaty from running drills. We held our gaze for a long moment, both of our faces evident of how we're both feeling, frowns set in place, furrowed eyebrows, and a stare full of longing to just clear things up and move on from all this. But both not knowing how to make things better.

"Q!" Was heard and I was suddenly snapped out of my staring contest with Ryan, and summoned by the she devil herself Sue "Round up these sorry excuses will ya" she demanded and I set about getting all the girls attention. All of us huddling in a group in front of Coach, and what looked to be ... a canon?