49. Original Song.

Quinn.

Everything seemed to be falling back into place. Finally getting back to normal. No. Correction even better than normal. I actually come to school with a smile on my face again. And that's all down to one boy.

Speaking of...

I turned the corner onto the hall where the choir room is and heard some familiar voices. One belonging to the boy that consumes my thoughts daily. From my place in the hallway. I can see Rachel with both Finn and Ryan, who were sat talking to her. They were both smiling at her. It was weird seeing them in the same room and not tearing chunks out of each other. But then who knows if we've turned a corner maybe they have too. I looked back at Rachel, wondering what her angle is. Theres always an angle with that girl. Always an ulterior motive.

Anyone would believe this is her way of getting Finn back. But the girl only has to look at the love sick puppy smile the boy is aiming her way as she is currently talking with Ryan, to know he's still obviously smitten. Sometimes I worry about Finn. I mean how damaged does a guy have to be to be into someone as annoying as Rachel. Still, he is a good guy and I do class him as a good friend of mine. Despite our turbulent past. I want to see him happy. And if that's Rachel, then okay then.

My gaze went full circle back to Ryan who was currently explaining something passionately with his hands. I smiled at him.

I thought back to the weekend just gone. Mom took me out to look at possible prom dresses. I can specifically see the crowns that I was admiring. Imagining being crowned Prom Queen, and Ryan Prom King. It would be a dream come true.

I know what you're thinking. Prom Queen? You're smart and super pretty and relatively sane for a girl. Does being Prom Queen really matter to you? Well it does. Prom Queen's live, on average, five years longer than regular people. It's probably because they smile a lot. And smiling has been proven to ward off diseases. But I can't do it without a very specific boy by my side. I don't want to do it without a very specific boy by my side.

We're finally back in a good place. A really good place. And after working on myself for a while I finally feel like I can truly trust him completely. And that's just it. I trust him completely. The one I don't trust is her.

The girl currently animatedly talking to both the first guy I ever gave a chance to and the boy of my dreams. Why does she always have to work her way into everything that's mine. First Finn and now a part of me still fears it's the boy currently laughing at something Rachel has just said.

Since when were these two so close. And that's what worries me. Rachel may seem completely infatuated with Finn. But she's taken what was mine so easily from me before and I refuse to let it happen again.

Amazingly the only person standing in my way is her and her damn talent.

I'm going to have to play it right. Keep an eye on the girl. They say keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.

Well Rachel Berry, you just got yourself a new best friend.

**********

When Glee rolled around that afternoon. I walked in to find Ryan wasn't there yet. To which I was kind of upset about. Wow I think we're one of those couples now...

I took a seat on the risers and waited for my favourite guy to walk in the room.

Man, I really had it bad.

When said boy rounded the corner and aimed a sexy smirk my way I felt my cheeks flush at the action. I had to look away before anyone caught on, and Ryan took a seat in front of me like nothing happened. Running a finger up my calf as he settled back in his chair. Something we'd grown accustomed to doing since we'd been keeping this thing a secret. A silent way of always being connected somehow. Ryan would cringe if I said that to him.