26. Special Education.

Ryan

Glee came around the next day, now minus Kurt. We were just waiting for Mr Schue to arrive. As always. Nothing new there.

He walked in and was immediately cornered by Rachel as soon as he walked through the door.

Again... as always.

"Mr Schuester, I have an announcement" She started "I've selected the perfect moving ballad for Finn and I to sing to launch our performance at Sectionals." She announced proudly.

"Me first" He said and Rachel looked a little crushed "Two things. First, our competition at Sectionals are your classic stool choirs. Great voices, but they don't move. Now if we're gonna beat them, we need do what they can't" He said and we all looked a little confused "Dance."

"Unlucky man" I smirked at Finn and patted his shoulder in sympathy. He then turned and punched me in the leg. Hard. I flinched and held my leg in pain, still holding back the smirk I had plastered on my face.

I couldn't resist.

Quinn was sat next to me laughing at our antics. At least I hope she was, and not at my pain...

"Which is why I've decided to feature Brittany and Mike Chang's sweet moves in our performance" He said ripping me out of my thoughts and getting my attention back on what was happening in the room. Everyone had smiles on their faces aimed towards Mike and Brittany. I smiled over at Mike and the guy looked so happy and proud of himself.

Well deserved dude!

"Wait, they're gonna dance in front of me while I sing my solo?" Rachel asked not looking too happy, and bursting everyones happy bubble. Everyone coming crashing back down with glares aimed her way.

"You're not getting a solo for this competition, Rachel" Mr Schue said trying to let the girl down gently.

Well this wasn't going to be good. I think we could all sense a Diva tantrum coming.

"Finally! So what song do I get to sing?" Mercedes asked looking excited.

"I was thinking that the winners of our duets competition would take the leads" Mr Shue said and pretty much all the club looked over at Sam and Quinn in question. Myself included.

People were smiling at them.

Some wary, others proud.

Me?

My stomach dropped.

I can't go through another week like the duets assignment. Not when Quinn and I were finally back on track. Finally back to a good place. I couldn't help but glance at the ring that was still proudly on her finger. Which had surprisingly gone unnoticed by the group. I knew we were fine. I knew it would just be a song for her. But singing it in front of a whole audience...

I didn't even want to think about it.

I ignored my thoughts and feelings and tuned back into the conversation. Or should I say argument between Rachel and Mr Schue.

"Ken and Barbie?!" Rachel exclaimed outraged as usual. Huh... I guess Sam was a little like a Ken doll...

Wait.

I'm not sure how I feel about her calling my Girlfriend Barbie... I frowned at that one. As was Quinn by my side. Good choice Ryan. Keep frowning.

"What a-a-are are you trying to throw this?" Rachel asked looking more and more angry by the minute.

"You used to be just sort of unlikeable, but now, I pretty much feel like punching you every time you open your mouth" Quinn said with her HBIC glare firmly set in place. I bit my lip to hold in my amusement at that one.