16. Level The Playing Field.

Quinn

"Quinn!" Was the first thing I heard when I only just switched the engine off and stepped one foot out of my car. Pulling up alongside Ryan's in his driveway. After closing the car door I was tackled into a tight hug from Riley. Her smaller arms holding me in a vice grip as if any minute I'd float away. I regained my balance and placed my arms around the little one. Smiling when her grip only tightened around me more.

"I missed you" Riley said as she smiled up at me.

"It hasn't been that long, little one" I said back to her as she pouted.

"Its been long enough" She said back with a pout. "I've had to put up with Monkeybutt on my own since you left us." She said with a sad face.

"Gee thanks, Squirt" Ryan said coming up to us after locking his car. Swinging the car keys around on his finger. She just pulled a face at him, in true Riley fashion. Ryan rolled his eyes at his little sister.

"I didn't want to leave you." I said to the little girl more seriously when he small pout continued. "And I said before I left, if you want to see me anytime, just get Monkeybutt over there to tell me and we'll have some well overdue girl time. Okay?" I said with a smile as she refused to let go of me. She nodded and smiled back at me tenfold.

"Hey Quinn" Ryan's Dad James shouted from the garage. Lifting a hand in a wave. I smiled over at him.

"Hey James"

"Riles let go of Quinn" Ryan muttered to his sister as his dad made his way over to the three of us.

"No" Riley said back defiantly. "She's mine"

"Umm, I beg to differ on that" Ryan said all smug, complete with smirk in my direction.

"I don't know what that means?" Riley sat to her bother looking confused and thoroughly unimpressed . Probably suspicious that it wasn't something good for her side of the argument.

"Guys, stop fighting over Quinn" James said with a smirk at me. I rolled my eyes at the siblings antics. "I doubt she really wants either of you two" He smirked that same smirk Ryan has that lets me know he's joking.

"Again...beg to differ" Ryan muttered under his breath, so only I would hear him.

"Cocky" I muttered to him. Under my breath so only he'd hear me back.

"You're not denying it thought" He said with a smirk. Knowing he'd won that argument.

I didn't really see the point of arguing though, it was true.

"So you staying for dinner tonight?" James asked me with a smile, interrupting Ryan and Is intense eye contact. I nodded at him.

"Wouldn't miss it" I smiled.

"Well Kate's making your favourite" He smirked at me.

"She didn't have to do that" I said back "Does she need any help?" I asked politely.

"You're free to ask her" He said gesturing to the house behind him. "She's in the kitchen. Hasn't left there saying it all needs to be perfect, since her second daughter is coming home...." He said pulling a face and winking at us all.

"Typical mom" Ryan laughed.

"Believe me I tried to help and she told me where to stick it, saying I was only in the way." James said with a laugh again.

"Huh... Reminds me of someone' Ryan smiled down at me. I laughed, but nudged him in the stomach with my elbow for it. He cringed in slight pain and James laughed at the two of us.