31. Need You Now.

Ryan

We were actually in the lead in the fourth quarter.

Home team. Seventeen. Guests fourteen.

We could have this in the bag. The crowd was cheering and holding up handmade signs with players names and numbers that were their favourites. It was kind of nice to have some respect for once around here. The cheers were just helping us stay focussed and hyped up. And the cheerios were still cheering from the sidelines.

"Alright" Finn addressed the guys on the team. "I just want to take a minute to tell you guys how proud of you I am." He said nodding to everyone off the team in the huddle. "We didn't even have to win this game to go to championships next week but nobody took it off. When we take a knee, we're gonna finish in conference for the first time in McKinley history."

"Football is back, bitches!" Puck shouted.

The guys all cheered.

"Maybe we should all break out into song after we win" Karofsky piped in.

"Hey, hey, shut it Karofsky" Finn came back with.

I continued glaring. Not forgetting the little bit of information I'd gotten from Kurt a while back.

"No frickin' way." Karofsky just didn't stop. Did he. "I figure if I stay on you, you'll run away like your little butt buddy Hummel"

Huh, turns out I wasn't the only one who had Kurt on their mind then. Karofsky's got a little crush, I see...

"Thats funny Karofsky. How you're calling everybody gay all the time, but you never seem to have a girlfriend." Finn shot back.

Nice dude.

"Maybe you're the one looking for a Butt Buddy?" I sent Karofsky's way with a smirk. Fist bumping with Finn.

Which only caused Karofsky to lunge at the two of us. Being caught by the guys nearest to him before he got close.

"I really hope that linebacker doesn't get the jump on me" He said back trying to be threatening. "I bet it would hurt like hell to get sacked by him."

Finn actually fell for it though, looking back over to the other team huddle hopping behind us.

I patted his shoulder pads to get his attention and shook my head telling him not to be psyched out by him.

"Alright" He said addressing the team again "Slow left on one. Ready. Break." We moved out into positions.

"Go Titans!" I heard the girls shouting on the sidelines.

"Down. Set!" Finn shouted.

Tensions were high. And Finn looked spooked by the linebacker, even after I tried to get him to ignore it. Puck and I shared a worried glance with each other, worrying that Finn was suddenly off his game.

"Hut!" He shouted.

And then everything went to shit. Just like Puck and I expected. The other team broke though without Finn even trying, he was completely glued to the ground and staring worriedly at the line backer Karofsky had also coincidently failed to block.

Puck and I shared another look and turned back to Finn disappointedly.

We had this in the bag and he just stood by and watched the guy take the ball from beneath him and run to the end zone behind us.

We lost.

The team wasn't happy and Coach wasn't afraid to show how she was feeling about it back in the locker room.