40. Are We Going To Talk About This?

Ryan

"You're such an asshole sometimes."

Was the first thing I heard when Quinn finally pulled into my drive. I laughed from my place leaning against my car, arms folded in front of me, sending a satisfied smirk her way. All I got was glare in return.

"Why do you have to do that every time we drive back from school?" She asked incredulously.

"Did I or did I not say I could beat you, busted hand or not?" I asked as she turned the engine off, wound up the window and turned away from me. Effectively ignoring me. I rolled my eyes as she continued to pout and sulk.

"I don't get it" She said opening the car door a crack, and grabbing her bag from the front footwell. I raised an eyebrow for her to elaborate. "You spend three years away from this place and you still remember all the shortcuts" She said shaking her head at me, as she passed me.

"Ahh see but what you're forgetting here Miss Fabray, is that I lived here years before you did" I said fishing my keys out my pocket and walking back towards my front door. Quinn following behind me with a nod of realisation. "Me and the boys spent years in this neighbourhood. We barely went home." I continued "And when I didn't go home, I just used to stay at..." I paused realising where that was headed. "Finn's..." I trailed off. The name hanging in the air between us.

I paused on the porch for a moment with the key in the door. Replaying the events that had happened not even twenty minutes before. How could he do that? To me. No wait, m more importantly Quinn. What happened to him. To us. We were the best of friends. We're family. You don't do that to your family.

I shook myself of those thoughts becoming hyper aware of Quinn's eyes staring holes in my back. I didn't dare turn around to face her. So kept my head down, quickly turned the key in the lock and opened the door. I stood aside so Quinn could enter first. She shot a small sympathetic smile my way as she passed, which really didn't help the mood I'd suddenly fell into with my mind betraying me in that moment. I shook my head again as I followed behind her. Noticing that on almost instinct she'd already walked off towards the door to my basement, waiting for me to join her.

Before I did anything though I really needed ice for this hand. A further reminder of the boy who caused all this awkward tension between me and the girl currently watching me walk around the kitchen like a hawk from her place leaning against my door. Man, I can't stand him right now.

We walked in silence down the stairs and I threw my bag over in the corner before falling backwards on my bed, wrapping my hand with the icepack mom always keeps on hand in the freezer upstairs.

That awkward silence once again falling between us. The unspoken left heavy in the air. I raised my un injured hand and ran it through my hair before sliding it over my face, letting out a well needed sigh in the process. All the while feeling Quinn still staring at me now from her place stood in the middle of my room.

Just watching.

Waiting for me to say something I guess.

What was I supposed to say?And Why did she expect me to say something anyway?

Did I need to say something first here?

"Are we going to talk about this?" She said quietly breaking the silence between us. I couldn't bring myself to look over at her, so continued to stare at the ceiling. "...or are we gonna sit here in awkward silence all night? Because I'd rather not."

At that, I let my head roll to the side and I smirked.

"Oh, so you plan on staying all night?" I raised a cheeky eyebrow at her and she stared back at me challengingly, unamused. "That's funny, I don't remember inviting you..." I finished and smirked.