Sweet, sweet, breakdown.

Start from the beginning

~I will, thank you~, I reply knowing I won't have any peace if I don't. She had so many problems, why did I have to care about her so much, of all people. Why did I have to like her ?.

~Okay, good luck, the keys are on the flower bush on the left by the door, but just check the one on the right too, coz I'm not sure~. I read Austin's reply and sigh falling back on my pillow knowing what I had to do. I did care and I did like her and I had to know she was okay.

'The heart wants what it wants' the voice at the back of my head reminds and I groan pushing my hair back.

"I know that damn it" I whine out loud.

**
Cainine's POV.

I smile bitterly at the memories flowing through my head while staring at the blank wall right ahead of me, sited on the floor. I didn't know what time it was nor which day it was, I didn't know how long I had been staring at the wall until I heard Austin knock on the door, pulling me away from my thoughts for about a minute before I decided to just ignore him. He'd leave eventually.

He knocked several times, I heard had Drew's stupid threats to break through the door, even saw when Austin slid in blunts under my door, but I didn't have enough strength to get up and get them or open the door. I wasn't ready to face anyone, it was back to being quiet now and I liked it that way knowing no one was there to be there for me. No one was there to see me like this. I enjoyed basking in my own misery, after all, everyone would leave in the end. No one was meant to stay forever. No one cared. Not for someone as pathetic as me.

**
"Tell me you're joking Hays" I grabbed her hand pulling her to face me. This was like the third time we were having this argument this week.

"No, get that into you fucking head, I don't want you in my life any more... you're more of a liability, and I don't want that" she pulled her hand from mine and I could feel people stare at us as they walked passed us in the packing lot but I didn't care.

"What did I do to you ?" I asked, feeling the stinging of tears in my eyes.

"I don't need to explain anything to you Allison, not everything is meant to last forever" she said sounding certain she was right, but I knew she wasn't, she promised me forever.

"But I love you, I thought you loved me" I was out of words and still couldn't believe this. It wasn't easy to have words when you watched the love of your life slip right out of your grip and you couldn't do anything about it. I had no control at all "Last night,... we were okay" I try to come up with words, but I couldn't make up a sentence properly.

"You don't get it, I had already broken up with you before last night, but you just keep coming back" she takes a step back. Away from me. And it was true she had broken up with me but she didn't give me a reason, and she still let me come back to her, she still let me fuck her, she still let me find comfort in her, what did she expect ?.

"Because I love you and I know you do too !" I yell losing a bit of my cool, although I had already heard of rumours about Hayley fucking one of the guys in the football team that was actually my friend, I ignored them because I knew her and this all had to be a joke, she didn't know what she was doing. she loved me, she was the only one that loved me. She was all I had, why would she just decide to take everything away from me ?

"Wake the fuck up Allison, if I did, I wouldn't be doing this, stay away from me" she pointed me gritting her teeth. Although since she started acting like this it wasn't the first time she had said that she didnt love me, I still felt a sharp pain in my chest as if she had shot me. This is what it felt like to have your whole world torn apart. I hadn't done anything though, why would she just decide she didnt love me ?. She loved me.