Ben

Female Reader x Male Monster

———————————————

Growing up in Hearthway Hollow was pretty much the same as growing up anywhere else. You've had friends since you were small, and you've all terrorized and haunted the same places since you were old enough to be let on your own with a bike and five bucks. But unlike most places, Hearthway Hollow wasn't the usual small town.

When you were still very young, you and your mother ran away. You can't remember much of that evening except that you remained in your pajamas. You had never been in the car while wearing those pajamas so it felt like even more of an adventure than usual. You and your mother wound up in Hearthway Hollow, and about a year later she met your step-father, or well, you called him dad because that's what he was. Through him you also got your brother, Rowan. Both of whom were werewolves. A fact that might disturb and terrify most, but it had become a normal almost minute part of your life.

Because that's just what Hearthway Hollow was; full of werewolves.

You and Rowan were close as kids, even more so as teenagers. He relied on you quite a bit to drive him and his friends around. This usually consisted of Adam, Canvas, and a few others, all of whom you were shocked to see grow up into responsible and respected adults. After everything you saw them do as dumb, teenage boys, you were at least proud they made it out alive.

"Are you wearing a new perfume?" Rowan asked.

You gave him the side eye and set a book back on the shelf. "What are you talking about?"

"You smell different. Kind of funny." Rowan leaned down over top of you. He had always towered over you, that you were used to. Even though he couldn't see the difference, he still liked to tease you about it.

"I know you're trying to tease me." You swatted him. "What are you going on about?"

"No, no, you do smell different." Rowan grabbed the back of your shirt and sniffed it. "Do you know what you smell like?"

"I know you're bigger than me but I will attempt to beat you to death, Rowan," you sighed.

"You smell like an aunt."

"A bug?" You snapped.

Rowan smirked and set you down. "No. You idiot. An aunt. As in you're going to have a niece and or nephew."

You stared up at him with wide eyes. "What?"

"I'm pregnant!" Rowan said with a huge grin on his face.

"No you're not, your wife is." You shoved them then brought him into a hug. "That's so great! Congratulations."

"Thanks, I've been holding onto it for a few weeks now. We just wanted to make sure."

You sighed. "I'm sure by now you have some idea. Canvas has the twins, Adam has a daughter. Your practically an uncle to all of them."

Rowan scoffed. "Yeah, but this one is mine. I'm responsible for it." He flipped through the book. "I can't read this. It's all gibberish." He handed you the book.

"You've got this, and that lady you married is way smarter than you."

Rowan huffed. "I suppose. Yeah. I am pretty lucky I married someone smart." He frowned then he perked up and gasped. "Oh, you won't believe who is back in town the other day. I keep meaning to tell you."

You chuckled. "Oh wow, baby news and a celebrity alert all in one day?"

"Ben Barclay." He took a book off the shelf and fumbled with it. "What am I supposed to do?"