Jordan

Female Werecoyote x Female Reader

Your family always took camping trips to the Hearthway Forest when you were little. You loved it. You loved visiting the town at the edge of the woods, it always felt like home even though you only spent a few days there a year. It felt comfortable and welcoming, which as you grew older was something you longed for.

Coming out to your parents wasn't easy, and the fact that they haven't talked to you in a while is heartbreaking. Wanting that need of home and belonging, you pack up your bags and rent a cabin in Hearthway Hollow.

Your dog, Alfie, doesn't seem too thrilled to be traveling for so long. Alfie howls and whines from the backseat between nap sessions. Once you're at the cabin, he trots inside like he owns the place and hops up on the bed.

Once Alfie is asleep, you go out into town to grocery shop. Walking into town, you notice it's different from when you were little, and yet, everything feels the same. You start to feel a bit relaxed as you walk down the street.

The grocery store is exactly where it always was, so that was a relief. You make a quick stop to get coffee and something to eat, knowing that if you shop on an empty stomach, you'll spend on your money on junk.

As you sit down to eat your food, you see a pet shop across the street. It's called "Creature Comforts" which you find pretty cute. After eating, you pay it a visit.

Inside you first, come across a shelf of toys for dogs and cats. Next, to it you see a tank full of bunnies. As you wander into the store, you see the back is mainly fish tanks. There's a woman on a ladder. She's tall and thin, and her dark red hair is slicked back. She's wearing a red flannel tucked into her black jeans. She's feeding the fish on the top row and singing a showtune to them.

As she goes to step down the ladder, she glances back, sees you, and she gasps. She slips and falls, sliding down the ladder and plopping down at the bottom.

"Oh!" You rush towards her. "Are you alright?"

She grunts, holding her head. She looks up at you, her eyes are dark, almost black. "I'm fine. I'm fine." She takes your hand through and stands up, and continues to stand. She towers above you, probably well over six feet tall.

Your heart skips a beat as you stare up at her. She's the opposite of you. Where's she's tall and thin like a rail, your short and round like a ball. You fidget in place, feeling a little awkward standing next to someone like her.

She adjusts her top, the first few buttons undone, showing off her sharp clavicle and chest. She smooths her hand through her hair. "Can I help you?" Her voice is husky and deep, it makes your heart skip again.

"Yes, uhm-" you clear your throat. "I just came up here, I've rented a cabin for a while, and I've got my dog."

Her eyes brighten. "Oh? What kind?"

"Rescue," you gasp then laugh. "Sorry uhm, part pitt, and part lab."

She grins, and you melt a little. "That's interesting! What's their name?"

"Alfie," you reply.

She nods. "Well, I'm Jordan," she says. "Welcome to the Hollow," she strides up towards the counter. "What do you need?"

"Some food for sure," you reply. "And some special treat. He whined and complained the entire trip up here, so I think he deserves something."

"Pig ear?" Jordan asks, and you hesitate for a moment. "Maybe a horn?"

"Oh!" You gasp, realizing she's talking about treats. "Alfie likes anything big."

Jordan smirks as she walks around the counter, showing you a rack of barrels hanging from the ceiling. "So do I."