Dominic

Female Reader x Male Monster

A few years ago, your sister, Marie, moved to Hearthway Hollow for a job. It was supposed to be a temporary assignment to renovate part of the elementary school, but she ended up staying.

She also met someone, which was really a surprise to you. Her wedding is coming up, and she invited you to stay with her and her fiance during the event. You know she's trying to get you to move closer. The two of you were always close, and you have to admit, being so far apart now is getting to you. You have no plan of moving to Hearthway Hollow, but visiting sounds nice.

Part of your wedding gift is to help your sister plan the wedding. Your regular job is an event coordinator, but this will be the first wedding to not actually take place at one of the events you plan. Most of what you do is conventions. You've always been a comic fan yourself, so it's a joy to bring the big gatherings to life and see them through.

Your sister and her fiance Ava pick you up from the airport, and the drive to Hearthway Hollow is breathtaking, the road surrounded on all sides by tall trees and lush greenery. It feels like you're traveling into another world.

Ava is the school nurse, and she met your sister while she was working on the renovation. Ava is tall and androgynous, and apparently does weightlifting. She towers over your petite sister, but the two act so adorable together that it makes for quite the contrast.

"We've got a room all set up for you. Marie was very particular on the bed we picked out," Ava smirks playfully.

"She's going to be here a while, and I wasn't going to just let her sleep on that awful pull-out sofa the entire time." Marie's eyes coffee colored eyes dart back to you through the rearview mirror. "Doing alright back there?"

"I'm enjoying the view," you reply. "I keep thinking this is how fairy tales start out."

Ava snickers from the driver's seat. "Aren't those usually warnings? Did you remember to leave your trail of breadcrumbs?"

"Don't tease, the witches here don't eat people." Marie winks at you.

As you come into town you're greeted by old buildings that look straight out of an old TV show. There's a tool shop, a café, and a bright neon sign advertising authentic Chinese food.

"You weren't joking when you said this place was designed to charm," you remark.

"Isn't it cute? But this is just downtown. The rest of the area is more modern. Most downtowns are designed to be a tourist attraction these days, anyway." Marie looks out the window as the car goes down a winding road. The paved road is really only big enough for one car, and to one side there is a massive drop.

Ava finally turns onto a dirt road leading to the little yellow house you recognize from photos. "If you need to, you can use my old car to get around." Ava motioned to an old green pickup truck in the driveway. "I'll get you the keys."

"Thanks, I'd appreciate that." You move to get your things from the trunk, but Ava is already hefting them out, her arms flexing to show off muscle.

"Come on, I'll give you a tour." Marie grabs your hand and leads you around the house. Since moving to Hearthway Hollow, she's been working part-time for homeowners until she can start her own renovation company here. In the meantime, she's been enjoying gardening and building a deck onto the house. "Over here, I'm getting ready to put in some fencing to raise goats. Ava's friend Beau runs a farm, and one of his goats is about to have kids, so I've already offered to take some in." She looks positively buzzy about it.

"This yard is huge. How much property does Ava have?" you ask.

"She's a Locklear," she replies. "They're basically the founders of this town, so they have lots of land. But Ava and her siblings share plots on their family's fifty acres."