Jack

Male Werewolf x Female Reader

To be quite honest I had never considered myself the mating type. I had seen many a courtship ritual and it always struck me as somewhat useless. It always rubbed me wrong watching my friends go out normal and then come back with their head full of clouds. I never understood. In fact, I sort of hated them for it. Even when our leader, Adam, started his courtship I felt myself lose a little respect for him. I hated it. I couldn't understand what all these morons were doing. I didn't understand at all.

Then there was you.

It was like a bolt of lightning when I walked by you on the street. I lost my breath and I felt that stupid cloudy feeling in my brain. Your scent captured me and I was floored. I couldn't get you out of my head and it was merely a glance. Of course, everyone had a good laugh about it. Then they said they were happy for me.

Over the next few days, I decided to make sure. I watched you as you opened up your shop. You sold craft supplies and hobby equipment, stuff like that. I go inside and wander about. I see you in the back talking to a woman about a dollhouse kit and the proper sizes to use for it. You turn and look at me and I freeze.

"Hi, welcome to McAllister Crafts, if you have any questions, please ask me." You smile and wave at me, and I feel like an asshole because all I can do is wave back.

Your attention is called back to the woman and I make a quick escape.

I try again the next day and you're alone. You smile at me again and wave. "Welcome!" Your voice is my favorite song. "You left so quick yesterday."

"Oh, yeah," you swallow my heart down. "Remember that did you?"

"I've never seen you in my shop before. I usually only get regulars in here." You tuck a loose curl behind your ear. "Is there anything I can help you find."

I panic. I came in here for you, I had to say something, anything besides that. "I want to uhm-" Me eyes dart around the room and then they fall on a small welding kit.

You follow my eyes and smile. "We have those over in the tool section." You wave your hand and I follow. You pick the box up and hand it to me. "Will that be all?"

"I guess." I'm actually not quite sure what to do at all.

You tilt your head towards me, looking me up and down. I don't feel great about how I look. I'm wearing my same old dirty jacket, white shirt that's stained from working with greasy car parts and other dirt. I have scars on my hands and arms, from work, fights, and well, other things as well. I move my hands so you can't see the scars and you step towards the counter.

"Well, if you have forgotten anything, you know where I am," you reply with a smile.

I pay for the welding kit I really don't need, although it's probably nicer than the shitty one I use at work, so I probably needed it anyways.

"Have a nice day," you chime as I head towards the door.

I turn and look back at you, smiling shyly and feeling my heart boom to life. I'm not even sure what I replied with. I just knew my feelings were real. I had found my mate. Someone I never assumed would exist.

I begin the steps of the courtship ritual. That night after I shift I go into the woods and I kill the biggest boar I can find. I watch in the shadows that morning as you come from your house and stare. You don't move or speak. You stand there just looking at it. Your eyes then lift and you look too and fro. You step off the porch and walk around it, your eyes continuing to dart back and forth. Your eyes cut through the woods. You wait until Adam arrives and he gives you your ticket number for the meat.