Kirby

Male Werewolf x Female Reader

You recently got the job as the art teacher at Hearthway Hollow Middle School, this meant quite the big move for you and your children. Milo and Hazel were extremely excited for it at least. You would be closer to your great aunt, Winona. Ever since you were little, she was like your grandmother. For most of your childhood you lived in Hearthway Hollow, so you were aware of the secrets it held. Winona had you come live with her, insistent that her home was far too big for her and she needed you to help her fill the rooms again.

Her home wasn't too far from town, and it had a great big backyard for the kids to play in. She was already sending you photos of how she had gotten it cleaned up and had put in a playground and tree house for the kids. She had only met Hazel and Milo once, and she was more excited to see them than anything.

When you arrived at her house, she took the kids while the movers helped you get everything settled.

"You look amazing, sweetie!" She kisses your temple and pours you a stiff drink. The kids are down for a nap, happily snoozing on the screen in porch in the warm sun. "You won't be single for long here."

You giggle. "I'm not worried about that, Auntie," you say.

She scoffs. "Here? You don't have a choice. The right one sniffs you out and boom! You're history."

You look into your glass and then out across the front yard. "It's been so long. Since Hazel was first born."

"Not much has changed. Least of all here." She relaxes beside you and sighs. You rest your head on her shoulder, and her long fingers comb through your hair. "Not many people don't find happiness here. Sooner than later it will find you."

You close your eyes and smile. "I'm in no rush."

The next day you get up early so you can make your first day of teaching. You help Winona get the kids settled, and then you head out the door. You're nervous, and your hands are shaking. The school is enormous and beautiful, a great big brick building with green tin roofs. You try to find the office but manage to get yourself lost.

As you backtrack a man comes out of a room. He's tall with thick arms and broad shoulders. His hair peppered gray and white, even his stubble is more white. He looks down at you, his eyes like two warm cups of hot cocoa. You feel your cheeks grow warm looking at him, he's exactly your type.

"Excuse me," you squeak then quickly cover your mouth. "Uhm," you clear your throat. "I'm looking for the main office?" You ask. "I just got a job here, and I'm afraid I'm lost."

He points to the door he just came out of. "This is it."

Your eyes bug. "Oh!" You feel the embarrassment rise.

"You must be, Ms. Locklear," he holds his big hand out. "I'm Principal Bastian, I've been waiting on you!"

You stare a little harder. He doesn't look like a principal. He's wearing jeans and a long-sleeved, black shirt. He seems more like an underwear model to you than a principal.

"Oh! Oh gosh, I'm sorry!" You gasp.

He chuckles, squeezing your hand. "It's quite alright, come on," he leads you down the hallway. "Your classroom is this way."

He gives you a quick tour around the building, showing you the teachers lounge as well as the teacher's parking lot. Your classroom is at the corner of the building where the wall is rounded outwards and is completely covered in a dry erase board.

"Oh wow," you gasp. "This is amazing."

"We put a lot of work into remodeling this place," he says. "I hope it will suit your needs."