Layla Lullaby

The car ride home was a quiet one. Larry drove with a blank mind. His eyes were feeling stiff from all the tears he shed the day before. He could barely blink his eyes. He glanced in the rearview mirror to take a peak at Camille. She was sitting with her feet in the seat. The baby was on the passenger side of the backseat. She was leaning on the seat, resting her head on her arm. It killed her to only bring home one baby. They had bought so many things for both Layla and Lauren, but to only have one baby use them...hurt. He watched as she looked on at her sleeping newborn, letting a tear slide down her face. His heart hurt for her.

They finally arrived to the house, and in the driveway awaited friends and Family. Mama B, Pinky, Dymond, Luscious, Janice, and Laurent. Larry curved the car around in the driveway to give room. As soon as he parked Mama B rushed to the driver side to greet her son. She embraced him tightly. Dymond and Pink rushed to Camille as she exited the car. They both wrapped their arms around her at the same time. They comforted her with their voices. When they let her go, Luscious came over with a bouquet of pink and white roses. She smiled and took them. He lightly touched her chin with his finger and smiled back. Larry had seen the whole thing from the other side of the car when he got Layla from the backseat.

"Okay everyone come get it while its hot!" Mama B yelled from the kitchen. Everyone went to go eat. Larry was holding the baby and got up to hand her to Camille, who was sitting at one end of the couch still in her sweat suit. He brought Layla over to her. "Here take her I gonna get us some food oki." she looked at him then the baby for a second before turning her head back away. He was confused so he brushed it off so instead of asking her what that was for, he gave the baby to his mom. After a couple of hours passing by everyone was well fed, and was ready to head on home. The girls gave Camille a few last hugs and left out, leaving just her, Larry, Lau, Mama B and the baby.

Lau came over to Camille when she went back on the couch.

Lau: Hey best friend. Can I say something?

C: Yea.

Lau: You know how best friends tell each other everything?

C: (nods head)

Lau: Well, why you keep secret that you were pregnant? If we friends then you know you should've told me something instead of me finding out when something bad happen.

C: ...We weren't friends when I found out I was pregnant. So I didn't see a reason to say anything.

Lau: Oh. Well when we did-

C: I still didn't think it was necessary until they were born...but now- *sigh*

Lau: (rubs her back) Hey, its oki. You no have to tell me. I know. Things different now cus its one baby. But its oki, I promise.

C: ..I hope your right.

"Okay. We can rest now finally! Everybody gone." Larry said as he flopped down next to Camille on the bed. She had finally gotten a shower and dressed in some comfy pj's. She was watching tv with a blank facial expression, and when Larry noticed it he figured it was that time that he should wrap his arms around her and comfort her. He did just that, until he got interrupted by Layla's midnight cry. He got up but stopped abrubtly and looked back at Camille, suddenly remembering what happened with her earlier not taking the baby. "Uh I think she need to be fed Camille." he said laying back down taking the remote. She sat up, "I was watching that." she said attempting to snatch it back but Larry swiftly switched it to the other hand and gave her a 'bitch really' face.

L: You need to bring her in here so you can feed her, now go babe she crying.

C: But I wanna wat-

L: You need to be a mother!

C: ...

L: Look, I know you sad about Lauren not making it. Oki its devastating I get it im sad too belle, but you know what, whatever hurt or anger or guilt you holding on to let it go. Because its no fair for our little girl who did survive to be abandoned by her mother because of her selfish feeling...like you mother did to you. So you need to get up and go in there, and feed our baby. She need us belle but right now she need you more.

Camille knew she couldn't be upset at Larry for chastising her. She needed the kick in the ass to get her into shape for taking care of their child. They made her together, so it was their job to raise her together. She slowly raised up from the bed and went into the nursery to answer to Layla's call. When she got in there she scooped Layla up, which slightly hushed her crying. She sat down in the rocking chair in the corner and lifted up her shirt, exposing her swollen breast and placed Layla up to it to suckle on. It made Camille laugh a bit at how fast Layla got quiet.

Camille had to admit, this was a beautiful sight. She never felt so much love for something or someone in her life. There was a tiny bundle of joy in her arms that was a combination of her and Larry it was amazing to her. From her little hands to her little feet. She was absolutely perfect.

3 Months Later...

"Come on Layla smile for papa!" Larry had his new Nikon Camera that he and Lau tore down bestbuy to get. He wanted to get the best pictures of his baby girl. She didn't get any professional photos done like they planned so to save time, Larry just started taking photos of her himself. Right now Layla was lying on her stomach with a pink sleeper on and pacifier in her mouth. Her eyes struggled to keep up with her daddy hopping around trying to get her to smile.

"Come on baby you no wanna smile for papa? Come on I know you can." *snap*

C: Larry stop hastling her, flashing that damn light in my baby face. Quit for she go blind then ima have to kill ya!

L: Aw come on babe you no fun! Tell mommy you just tryna get yo beauty shots! *snap*

C: Yea whatever you sit there jumpin around like a freakin Jack in the box. Lemme see my baby.

Camille went to retrieve Layla who smiled and drooled uncontrollably when she was picked up by her mommy. Larry felt some type of way. "How she smile when you get her?" he said placing his camera back in its case. Camille was walking back out to the living room with the baby on her hip, and bottle in the other. "Because she is a mama's girl that's why! You already got yo daddy's girl shoot let me have mine."

L: Yea whatever so when we gonna get daycare for her because im looking forward to having you alone again, Mrs. (kisses neck)

C: (moves) Larry quit im feedin the baby. And I don't know, I don't think daycare is an option right now for her she just got here I don't need to expose my baby to germs so early.

L: Yea I guess you right. We no need sick baby with cooties..then we gonna have to put you in bubble and keep you locked up cus daddy no have time for be sick!

C: Ugh! (nudges Larry)

L: Ouch! I forreal!