Confessions

Friday. The day Camille comes face to face with her mother. She was already there at her therapist's office waiting for her plane to land. Dr. Samuels sent a driver to go pick her up. Camille was pacing back in forth in nervousness.

DRS: What are you thinking about Cami?

C: ...everything...im scared Mrs. Samuels. What if she don't show?

DRS: Honey, you have to have faith. Everything will be fine. I promise.

Suddenly Dr. Samuels got a ring from her phone. She walked off to the side to answer it, leaving Camille in her thoughts.

"Uh huh...okay great we will see you soon. Perfect alright bye." she got off the phone and went to tap Camille's shoulder. "Honey, she's on the way." Camille looked at her like she wanted to throw up. "Okay".

The next day in Paris Larry was up with his mother earlier than Lau. They were making breakfast for the household and Lilo helped by setting the table. After everything was finished the food was served and the table was surrounded by people. Lau was one of the last to trudge downstairs for breakfast. He's not a morning person.

MB: Morning baby!

Lau: Hey mama.

Laurent gave his mother a lazy hug then went to his twin and gave him a fro hug. Larry laughed and squirmed a bit, careful to not let Lilo fall. She was in his lap being spoon fed. She's 4 years old now but Larry still treats her like a baby.

MB: (lean and whisper) Larry..are you going to do what you told me?

L: Yea I will. I promise, I no gonna quit.

MB: You better not, because I didn't raise no quitter.

Later at 1:00pm the twins were packing their things into a cab to go to the airport. They gave their last kisses and hugs to their family as they prepared to head off. Mama B of course was saved best for last for XOXO. She and Larry exchanged looks before she handed him something. It was a black box. Larry looked down at it in confusion.

L: Mami what's this?

MB: ..My wedding ring.

L: (surprised) M-mami..non, no no I cant mam

MB: Yes you can. Me and your father have been divorced for so many years. I have no use for it anymore, but you do. Take care of it...and take care of that girl. And when you do you bring her to me so I can see it on her pretty hand.

L: Mami I love you.

MB: I love you too baby.

4:30pm in Atlanta, Georgia and Camille is sitting on the couch next to her mother, whom she hasn't seen in years. The therapist has just sat down in her chair with waters on the table.

DRS: So Tina I hope you had a great flight, how do you like Georgia so far?

T: Oh its nice from what I see. Thanks for asking. (turns to Camille) How are you baby?

C: ..im fine.

There was an awkward silence for a few seconds until Dr. Samuels started to speak.

DRS: Okay! Well lets start with each of you talking about your relationship with each other. Tina would you like to go first?

T: Oh yes I would. Well, my baby has always been my heart I had 5 kids ya know! Haha yes I had been blessed with one boy and four girls yes lord.

DRS: Wow you must've had your hands full huh?

T: Yes I did. Well my boy he is the oldest and uh..us living in the hood of Harlem he sort of, fell victim to that gang violence but um I have always had my girls. Especially Camille! (rubs back)

Camille moved away from her mother's touch which made her put her hand back down regretfully.

DRS: How so?...Was Camille the best behaved or?

T: Oh yes she was very well behaved! She always wanted to help me when she was a little girl she helped me do dishes, clean the house, cook. She was just a sweet girl.

C: Sweet enough to be daddy's favorite.

T: ...baby you know we loved you equally.

C: hmph..(shakes head)

DRS: I think what Camille is trying to say here is that she didn't get the same type of attention from you as she did with her father.

T: Oh really? ...well I wouldn't really know about that I was busy working most of the time-

C: STOP!...Just. Stop.

T: Honey whats the matter?

C: You. Are such a liar.

T: Why would you say that to me?

C: Because...you were never there. You were never there My big sisters had to take care of me! YOU WERE NEVER THERE!!

DRS: Cami wa-

C: No! I refuse to take up for her..she's the reason im so screwed up.

Camille began to let tears fall from her eyes as she looked at her mother in rage.

C: (shakes head) Are you just gonna forget? huh?...you just gonna...fuckin play it off like it never happened? Well guess what it did and YOUR GONNA ADMIT IT!!

T: Admit what!?

C: ADMIT YOU LET HIM RAPE ME!!

T: YOU WERE A CHILD!! You needed to be taken care of! If I was gonna get that man to stay with us you were my only option...Camille..my baby girl.

C: (throws hands up) Get away from me..don't touch me...You cannot just sit here in my face like your all of a sudden the perfect mother. You never really tried with me. You just did what you could with my older siblings and the more and more tired you got of trying, you went to the pipe and bout time you got to me there was no more love and care left for me!....I grew up. Watching you and Dad fight, him drink and you strung out...I hated it, I HATED my life. This whole time I have been trying to hide who I really am from you, but to be honest I don't even know who the fuck I am.

T: Honey...I know I have messed up in the past..but I want to make it work for us..I am not with him anymore I have thought about that day for all my life and it haunts me! It haunts me, that I-I let my baby be taken advantage of for my selfish pleasure...and I'm sorry.

Camille froze at those words that came out of her mouth. She had been waiting on that her entire life. But at this point, part of her still felt like it was too late.

C: (shakes head) No..Don't apologize to me. Apologize to my father. Apologize to my sisters and brother. Apologize to my first boyfriend I had sex with at 15. Apologize to his homeboys that ran a train on me at a party when I was 16. Apologize to that doctor who had to give me an abortion. Apologize to Luscious, the man that took me in at 18 to be a stripper at club Diamonds....Apologize to the man, that I love but wont let love me because of my selfish, drug addict, inconsiderate bitch of a mother..who made me who I am. Apologize to them...because it is your fault.

And with that Camille grabbed her stuff and walked out. Leaving her mother in a whirl of hurt and therapist to comfort her. She made it out to the parking lot and got in her car. As soon as she put her seat belt on she cried her eyes out. She finally did it, she finally stood up to her mother and got the closure she so well deserved. She didn't know what she would do next since she had to be back at work on Monday night, but until then she can put her mind at ease. She started her car and began to pull out into the street when she suddenly got a text.

It was from Larry. Her heart immediately got heavy again and her breathing got shallow. She just stopped and took a deep breath then swiped it. What she saw couldn't have been made up.

'April 23rd. Saturday at 9:00pm. I want my dance ;)'