Countdown

"Booooyyyaaaaeeeeee! Oh! Killin me Softly, and im still fallin. Still the one I need I wanna be with you. Oh! You've got me all gone! Don't eva let me go. Say it real loud if you reply If you leave me your outta yo mind." 

The music blasted from her phone, up through the cord all the way to earbuds in her ears. Camille was feeling on high ever since Larry shot her that text about getting his dance. It made her feel some type of way. He didn't ask her for the dance, he TOLD her. It turned her on tremendously. He had sent her that a couple weeks ago and since then she has been literally counting down the days that he would show up. She didn't know if he would turn up at her place or the club. But either way, she was happy. And this time, she wouldn't hold back.

At the moment she was running through the park getting her workout on. She was wearing her usual Nike athletic wear and since it was 70 degrees out she had on some light blue jogger shorts and sports bra to match. After her jog was over with she was headed back to the lot nearby, to jump in her car to head off. She got another text. From Larry. She smiled ear to ear at her phone at the message.

"This weekend babe. You mine. :)" 

P: Dy you gonna stop using my damn lashes! All you do is fuck'em up.

DY: My bad damn I'll buy you some more damn chill!

P: No bitch! You needa stop so called 'borrowing' my stuff. We close but its a limit bitch especially wit lashes!

DY: Look Pink calm yo ass now I aint got time to be fucking up my nails choking the shit out of you!

F: Hey! Yall shut up, arguing like an old couple. Dy just buy you some lashes for yourself and Pinky start saying no to her borrowing them.

Both Dymond and Pinky stared at Fantacee while she fixed her lipstick in the mirror. When she caught them staring she stopped and looked.

F: ..What?

P: Uh the fuck you mean what? Bitch where did that come from?

DY: Yea you just got all maternal on us an Shit.

F: Well yall just get petty sometimes, yall know im the peacemaker.

P: Yea but you ai-

M/v: Fantacee!...Fantacee girl where you at!?

Luscious came in the dressing room with a look on his face that everyone recognized. All the girls began to clear out of the room because everyone knew that it was a full house tonight and money was ready to be thrown. He went straight up to Fantacee. Pinky and Dymond gave him hugs before they left out too. He walked up behind her in the mirror as she looked him in the face with innocent eyes.

LU: (chuckles) Look at you..I should've gave you Dymond's name.

Fantacee just stood there and gave him a shy smile. She had always looked to Luscious as her father figure. He always helped her more than any other girl at the club. It was clear she was his favorite. He always gave her extra money on the side at times when it was a slow night. Even though she could definitely get the stacks on her own.

LU: You lookin much better Fan. Much better. (sit in barstool) Im glad, now you can make this money...the crowd really been missin you since you left. I hope you had some good rest.

F: Yea. I did.

LU: ...What did you major in school again?

F: uh..um Criminal Justice.

LU: Oh ok. (stands up) Its not too late ya know.

F: What do you mean?

LU: I mean you can still go back to school Camille. I mean I know you don't wanna be here your whole life...baby I can see you being somebody other than this. You are smart. You were smart when I met you, you were just lost. And now that you know better...you need to drop this life, and be somebody's bomb ass wife. (smile)

F: (laugh) Thanks Luscious! Hahaha! But...I don't know how to start? I mean I still gotta pay if I go back. This is how I paid for school I don't wanna work at no McDonalds or nutin.

LU: Well you wont, because just like always I got yo back baby girl.

Luscious reached into his pocket and pulled out his wallet and frantically searched threw it until he got what he needed. A business card. He handed it to Fantacee and she looked at it curiously.

F: What's this?

LU: That right there? That's your breakthrough. Michael Thortan he's a friend of mine he works downtown at the police department.

F: Police department?

LU: Yes, he works in the Criminal Justice and Investigation department down there and he told me he is in need of a new assistant. I talked to him about you already and uh he's thinkin about giving you an interview next week on Wednesday.

Fantacee couldn't even let Luscious finish before she was hugging his neck so tight. She couldn't thank him enough for opening a new door for her to add another chapter to her life. It meant a lot coming from him.

F: (crying) Thank you...thank you..*sniffles*

LU: Hey baby don't mess up your make up okay haha! Your welcome.

Luscious allowed her to dry her eyes momentarily before grabbing her face and looking her in the eyes. "You just make me proud. And if you ever need me just holla. Okay." she looked at him and gave a smile, promising him she would. She took the business card and put it in her bag before heading to the door. "Hey Fantacee!" he called out to her. She turned to him. "Let Saturday, be your last night. I mean it." she smiled at him genuinely before replying. "Okay. I promise." she turned away making her way to the stage.