10 Weeks

Camille was just sitting in her car in the parking lot of Bojangles. She had just gotten a 4 piece supreme box with an ice tea. She had been craving it all week but only had the time today to sit down and eat it. She had scarfed down her food in less than 10 minutes which gave her at least 20 more before heading back to work. She eventually pulled off and drove back up the road a couple blocks back to work but on her way there, she had seen an ice cream stand. "Mmmm ice creeeeam." she said to herself. She quickly pulled over into a small parking lot and grabbed her wallet. After ordering a large waffle cone with two scoops of chocolate ice cream with brownie chunks in it she was a happy person. After about 10 minutes she had made it back to her job.

Bout time she got to her office she was down to the cone on her ice cream. She unlocked the door and made her way in to see a stack of papers on her desk. "Ugh great. Lucky me." she said to herself as she slumped in her chair. She slowed down on eating her cone then suddenly stopped. She began to feel a sort of nauseous feeling. She rubbed her stomach and made a face. She looked at the cone in her hand and she wrapped it in tissue and tossed it in the trash. Wiping her hands she turned around to get started on her paper work.

She didn't get very far though because it didn't take long before the nauseous feeling came back. Except this time, it was physical. She began gagging so she covered her mouth and made a beeline to the restroom.

Once she was there she shut herself inside a stall and let it all out in the toilet. She must have sounded like she was in bad shape because another female asked her if she was fine. "Yes..(wipes mouth) im fine I promi- *throw up* Ugh!" she just kept throwing up as the girl left. Eventually she made it out and took a sip of water from the fountain. At that moment she was caught in the hall way by her boss Mr. Thortan.

T: Hey Sanders! How are ya!..hey you alright today?

C: Oh uh..I uh im fine. (holds stomach)

T: Huh..you don't look so good. Your face is flushed. I don't think you should continue the day.

C: Oh no sir really im fine.

T: Nonsense, its Friday you can use the weekend to get better.

C: But sir honestly I-

T: Hey, if Luscious can look out for you there's no reason I cant too. (smile) Now really get some rest at home okay.

C: (smile) Thank you sir. I guess I will see you Monday then.

T: Yes you will see ya!

Camille went straight to the house and rested for about 2 hours on the couch. She had the tv on but it was like she was sitting in silence because all she heard was the sound of her own thoughts. After a while she picked up her phone and called her friend.

C: Hey Dy..*sigh* can you run to the store for me?

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Camille POV

Okay so maybe I fucked up maybe I didn't, but im not sure...ugh is this test ever gonna be done? I gotta know. Oh my gosh im so scared and worried. If this shit is positive I don't know what ima do! I just got my life together, how the fuck can I look after another one? Oh god im terrified of the results. Wait, Larry. Oh shiiit! I forgot about him dammit he has to know too. Fuck..I don't wanna fuck up his plans, I-I cant just pin a child on him randomly like that! He doesn't deserve that. But at the same time he needs to know too, that would be fucked up if I had the child alone and just come to him and be like 'oh yea I had ya baby two years ago!' Yea not doin that shit. *sigh* or worse. What if I turn into my mother? No I will never be like her, I wont leave my baby to fin for itself. No not me. I will be a women and take care of it. But that's only if its positive...and only if it is.

Camille went back to the test sitting on the sink. She looked at it...looked at it...and looked at it.

N: Positive. The home pregnancy test was correct and this one confirms it.

The nurse handed Camille the sonogram photo for her to see. "Your 10 weeks at the moment, you see the baby's arms starting to form right there? The spine here. This is maximized but in reality the baby is about the size of a walnut." Camille just took a few more moments staring at the sonogram before bursting out into tears.

C: Oh my god.(crying)...aw...I'm gonna be a mommy!