Chapter 50

Delia's Pov

I went to the middle while focusing my mind on my feet but my eyes fixed up to the King before bowing down slowly then turning around to look at the people "Today we witness the fair challenge, who will be the rightful Queen in this Kingdom!" The announcer shouted, people around gasped before gossiping.

Scarlett looked to my side before scoffing "The title lady does not even fit on you so how can the title Queen does?" She asked before covering her mouth as she laugh gently.

I glared at her before forcing a smile "Why? Does the title Queen suits you well too?" I asked, Scarlett chuckled "Obviously, King Charles will soon pick me as the Queen of this kingdom" she replied confidently, I turned to her completely while still smiling "let's see about that, scarlett" I replied before bowing down respectfully then left her sight.

"Hey! Don't you turn your back on me" She said loudly, Now everyone's attention went to her. I turned around to find her walking towards me before raising her hand about to slap me, I quickly closed my eyes for the impact but nothing happen.

Opening my eyes slowly, I found Ares holding Scarlett's wrist tightly "That is not a proper attitude for a Queen, Scarlett" He said while gritting his teeth before gripping his grip on her wrist, making Scarlett to scream in pain.

The King stood up furiously at the scene "What is this madness!" Everybody gossips again before moving out of the way as King Charles made his way to us. "Let her go, Ares" He said, Ares let her wrist go before covering me from behind him.

"Father, you have seen this unproper behavior that Scarlett had shown. That is never one to be a proper Queen attitude" Ares said, King Charles looked at me from behind his son before looking back to him. "Ares, We'll talk about this later. The people are watching" His father said.

Ares looked at his father unbelievably "You are protecting this witch over your son's choic-" He was cutted by his Father "Just! Go please" He pleaded with a strong voice, Ares moved away from him while holding my wrist before turning around.

Making me drag with him, I fastened my steps to keep up with him. We stayed silent until he stopped right infront of my room, I was the one who broke the silence "Are you okay?" I asked gently, Ares sighed before turning his attention on me.

"I just cannot believe my father defended them, He knows that I don't want to marry Scarlett" He replied, I looked down to my hands on him "I told you, we are forbidden to be together. The people wont accept a commoner like me" I said truthly.

Ares looked down at me angrily "Do you think of yourself like that? You are far from a commoner, You own my heart which made you unique and royal" He said before taking my hand and giving it a kiss, making me blush but quickly hid it as I looked down before shooking my head "No, It's not only about that Ares. It's Just you don't understand" I replied before looking away.

Ares chuckled as if it was a joke "What is it the thing that I don't understand, Tell me" He said seriously while taking my hand, I faced him before taking a deep breath. Will he believe me if I tell him the truth? Maybe give a little try.

I take another deep breath before closing my eyes "Iamnotfromthisstorybookworldbecauseiamfromthefutureandreality" I said fastly with my eyes close, Ares furrowed his brows in confusion "What?" He asked confusedly. I bit my lip and turned to look at him.

"Ares, I am from the future and reality. You are just a character from the book named 'The Powerful King' and you are the King in that book, I don't really know how was it possible for me to enter in the book when I just fell asleep in my room and woke up in the middle of forest! I-i know this sounds crazy But believe me, I'm telling the truth" I said while looking into his eyes.