Chapter 1

Delia's Pov

Reading a book while the sunlight hitting my face slightly 'They both have beautiful little childrens and they live happily ever aft-' I didn't finish reading the ending when my Mom called me from behind "Delia!!"

Closing the book as I stand up quickly and went to see her "Yes, mother?" I asked, Mom finally saw me and crossed her arms "Where have you been!" She said with strictly voice.

I looked down to my book before hiding it from behind, Mother quickly understood what i'm doing "ah, i see. Reading books here, hmm? Now give me that" She snatched the book from my hands, I finally look up to her "Mom no, that's my book" I said, trying to take the book back.

Mother raised her hand up, making it impossible to reach the book from her hands "Stop reading books and go sell our old things to earn money, you useless brat!" She screamed right at me, I look down trying to control my tears.

No no, don't cry. Not infront of her "we cant, I-" I cutted my words as she grabbed my arm tightly "And why?" She asked while death glaring me, I look at her with fear "O-our old things have memory, we cant sell them please mother" I pleaded.

I dont want to sell my old things, it may costs little money but i cant buy back our memories before Father died "We can sell my bed, just dont sell Father's things. Mother, please" This time a tear left my eye, Mom gripped my arm "No, but we also need to sell your bed and all your father's things! Now shut your mouth and get out!"

Flinching from her voice, I just nodded and looked down before walking inside the house but i heard "useless daughter" I quickly went upstairs as I cried silently in my room while covering my face. No matter what, you are still my mother even though you hurted me. No daughter has never loved their mother even after all bad things happened in life.

Later after a few minutes, I walked out of the house as I saw mister Albert. I smiled and made my way to him "Good Morning, Mister Albert" I said with a happy voice, He turned to look at me. His eyes showed happiness as soon as he saw me "oh, delia! Dear, kind girl. What a great morning when i saw you" He said while fixing his hat.

I smiled and helped him sit down gently "You shouldn't walk around the streets, you barely cant see anything but blurred" I said, reminding him to be careful. "oh no, dear even though im old enough. Doesn't mean i can't have fun walking around the once old streets i've seen long time ago" He replied.

I smiled even more before sitting beside him, holding his hand "Fine, but you have to be careful. I'm not always around these streets anymore" I said with a sad tone slightly, Mister Albert looked at me "Why, dear. Doesn't your mother be the one to stay at home?" He asked.

Looking down with a slight smile after mentioning my mother "She kind of changed it" I said simply, He nodded slowly and weakly before turning his head to the streets. Many cars, traffic lights, cafe, big buildings.

"I still can see it, miss Delia. I can still see the old place, this has always been  my memory of my childhood" He said sadly but with a smile, I nodded "I wish to see the old place here with you" I said with a smile, I also want to see what beautiful place this is before cars and buildings were built.

Mister Albert stood up slowly, I quickly held him carefully "You should get going to where you're headed, Delia dear" He said before holding my hand, I smiled kindly "Be careful always, I'll be back after I sell this things" I said.

He looked around before looking the streets again, I lead him inside the cafe in safety before I leave him and walked inside my cousin's house. "Delia, Good morning!" She run to me with a hug, I returned her a smile "Hello"

She pull away to look at me "Do you want to sell things again?" She asked, I looked down and nodded my head "Yes, I'm sorry if i always sell it to you." She shake her head "No no, it's always fine. Come, let's have a cup of milk. It's raining outside, how come you came here without getting wet?" She asked before running to the kitchen to get milk.

"Jelianna, you dont have to make me a milk" I said before she pulled me back down my seat "Sit down, you are a guest and a family. Now here, drink this. Careful it's hot" She said, I blow before I sipped down the milk slowly.

She smiled "So, what things you've got?" She asked before opening the box of things and found many things from my father, Jelianna turned to me "Delia, you don't have to sell this to me. This costs probably millions of dollars of memory!" Tears left my eyes "I have to, please. My mother needs money" I said forcedly, even though i dont wanna sell it.

Jelianna looked down to the things before comforting me "Okay, okay. I'll buy it, now don't cry" She said before pulling me into a hug, which I cried into her arms. Memories of my once happy family played in my mind.

After a few minutes, She bought the things and payed me before giving me another hug "Just remind that i'm always here for you, i'm always here. Are you hungry? We can go out and shopping" I smiled and wipe my tears before shaking my head.

"I'm fine, you've done enough already. I should get going, my mother must be worried about me" I said, Jelianna smiled back and nodded her head "Okay, Go now before the rain starts to flow heavily" I smiled before turning around and leave her house.

As I was running to reach home and not get wet of the rain when I saw mister Albert talking to himself in the rain, I widened my eyes and went to him "Mister Albert! What are you doing in the rain, you'll get cold!" I said worriedly before pulling him inside the cafe.

I went to get a cloth and wiping his wet face and hair "I told you to be careful, now look your skin is cold. You might get cold in this" I said worriedly, Mister Albert just looked around the cafe "I feel it, dear" I don't understand what he said but I continued wiping his hands and arms.

"Miss can we get a cup of hot milk?" I said and the cashier nodded before she went to get a milk, I turned to mister Albert "I can feel it, the air" I sighed and held his hands "Please be careful next time, I dont want seeing people get hurt or get sick" I said while looking at him.

He turned to me "Miss delia, you're here?" I nodded with a smile "Yes, I'm here. Oh, look here drink this milk" I said before getting the glass of milk from the cashier "Drink slowly" I said gently, He sipped it slowly and he calmed down. I placed the cup down and look at him worriedly "Miss delia, would you like to come with me when the rain stops?" He asked.

I smiled, nodding my head "Of course" I replied as we waited for the strong rain to stop, slowly the rain slowed down. I followed mister albert as he went inside a old apartment where i guessed he live.

Everthing looks so old but it looks like it has many memories, I sat down as Mister albert went inside his room to get something. I waited for a while until he comes back with a book.

I widened my eyes in excitement as soon as i saw the book "This is for you, miss delia for being a good person to me. No one ever cares for an old guy like me except you, you are like my grand daughter but now she abandoned me like im just a paper. You are more far from her" He said while giving me the book.

I looked at him with teary eyes, smiling widely as I stood up and pulled him into a hug "oh, Thank you! I dont deserve to received a book from yo-" He cutted me off "No, dear delia. You deserve everything in this world, especially happiness. For you have a pure and kind heart that not everybody has" He replied with a kind smile.

Making me to cry happily and sadly about him not having a family by his side as they all abandoned him "Take care of this book for me, this book will change your whole life forever once you read it" He said. I smiled and cried silently "I promise i will take care of this!" I said with an happy smile.

Mister Albert nodded before hugging me sweetly, everybody deserves a hug. I cried in happiness in his arms, books are the only one who can make me believe that happy ever afters exist in the ending.

Later when i come back home with a book in my chest as i keep smiling, i was met with a loud voice "Where have you been?!" Mother asked from behind the door, waiting for me to come back. I didn't realised that i came back at 8 in the evening ..