Chapter 37

Scarlett's Pov

I closed my eyes so tight that I thought im gonna die tonight "Your Majesty, we've found something in the forest." One of the guards said, Ares put his sword on his side before turning around "Delia? Did you captured her!" Ares asked while walking out with the guard.

Gasping out for air, what did just almost happen? Why Ares act so dangerous like he lost part of his soul and wants to get it back, I held my chest and felt my beating heart so fast.

I slowly gaze down the dead people on the ground, I covered my mouth as I smelled the blood all over the room. Walking out quickly before screaming, I knew something was off with Delia. She might be a secret lover of Ares that even he killed his best men in craziness.

Whatever it is, I need to find Delia to ask her about this and about Ares's unbelievable acts. He never does something like this, and I need to find the whole truth about this.

Looking at the maid who just passed by, I grabbed her arm and she winces in pain before looking at me then bowed down fastly "I-i'm so sorry, your-" I cutted her off "cut it off, I need you to follow where the Prince goes and wherever he goes. Tell me, got it?" I asked and she widened her eyes and looked down to think

Before She looked at me questioningly, I shake my head quickly before she could ask I replied "There is nothing bad about listening and watching my future husband, right?" I asked with a simple smile and the maid nodded "Y-yes, your highness" she said.

I picked in my pockets and dropped 20 gold coins "Impress me with the news" i said and she widened her eyes in shock of the coins before bowing down to me "Thank you, your highness!" She repeated 5 times.

Then I just watch her walk away, I clenched my fist. Let's see what kind of person you are to ares, delia. Are you just acting to be friendly and kind personal maid or a personal whore of my future husband.

Delia's Pov

I helped the kids catch a fish without any fishing rod, they were laughing at my struggle before helping me "Hey dont laugh at me!" I screamed during my struggle, they laughed again before jumping into the water.

"Hey! Fishy we promise that we will never forget your sacrifices to feed this little kids!" I said and the fish stopped struggling as soon as I held its tail as if it understand "Are you a witch?" One of the kid asked, I frowned my brows and gave him the fishes i caught.

I chuckled "What?" The little kid continued "It seems like you talk to animals and the animals understands you" I laughed even more "What if i am?" I asked while bowing my head slightly while smiling creepily.

The kids widened their eyes and ran away from the waterfalls while screaming their mother's name, I laughed loudly. Oh, this is real life freedom. A happy peaceful life, i took a deep breath before diving down the waters.

Before swimming to the surface while caressing my skin against the water "enjoying?" Marie asked while leaning against the rock near water, I smiled and nodded "Aren't you scared like other kids do?" I asked, she shook her head "I was but you are too kind and beautiful to be a witch" marie replied.

Making me giggle at her response "you expect a witch to be ugly and cruel huh?" I asked and she nodded, I chuckled "Just like hansel and gretel movie, but some were acting to be beautiful but turns out to be a witch" I said with a small laugh.

Marie furrowed her small brows confusely "What, movie?" She asked, I snapped out. Stupid me, there's no television here nor movies. "Nevermind, where is your mom?" I asked while looking around.

Marie looked to where her small fingers point "Right behind the tree, she is collecting some fruits" She replied, I nodded before leaving the water as I dried myself "I'll help her, go and play with the other kids" I said and she gladly nodded before running to the other side.