Chapter 41

Delia's Pov

After I pretended to be a maid, Ares found out about me and now he is pinning me on the wall while leaning down and claimed his lips on mine.

I widened my eyes, and tried to push him off but only to be held tightly before pushing me back to my room, making me held his arms to not fall. I hear the door closed as Ares kept his lips on me hungrily.

Slowly, I melted in his kisses and didn't even realised that I kissed him back! Ares frozed for a while before he pulled me closer by my waist and my hands slowly went up around his neck. Wait- what's happening to me.

Ares removed his coat without breaking the kiss, I know where this leads. I took the chance and broke the kiss, Ares put his forehead on mine "I know you love me, delia. For how long you always deny it still You cannot ignore it" He said, I feel my heart beating.

No, you can't fall for this man. He is a monster who kills innocent peoples in his dirty bloody hands, Then my mind went back on Scarlett. I immediately pulled away from him "This is wrong, I need to go" I said, I swear if scarlett sees this again. She'd kill me to the ground.

Ares held my wrist, preventing me to leave "There is nothing wrong about this, We are just falling in l-" I cutted him off quickly "I don't love you, Ares please keep that in your brain" I replied, He held me even more as if he was afraid of losing me "Then learn to love me, Learn to know me" he said desperately.

I sighed in frustration, why is he so stubborn? I already told him I don't, now he wants me to learn to love him? "I already know who you are, Ares. You destroy people's lives and make them suffer" I said truthfully.

Ares held my waist and pulled me closer when I tried to pull away from him "You still love me, Delia. Admit it" He said calmly, I scoffed "Admit? I don't feel any feelings of you but fear and anger at the same time" I said while glaring at him.

Ares gritted his teeth and held my elbow "oh, delia when will you ever stop rejecting and denying me. We are right for each other and when I want someone to be with then it will happen" He said, I looked at him in shock "Too bad, you will never have me. Ares, my body might response to your disgusting acts but I am still in my right mind to stop it" I replied.

He clenched his fist and took a deep breathe "Atleast give us a try, delia" He said while looking into my eyes, I looked away. Should I give him a chance? "If I fail then I will let you go" He said. My eyes widened in shock, oh no he would never do that.

"I am a man of my word, I don't break promises" He said, My heart felt ache at the thought of leaving him. He is just a character in this story, I feel bad of him. He was alone and didn't have anything to do in his lonely life but kill.

But out of all why kill?? Should I give him a chance? I looked at Ares and slowly nodded my head "Ok" I said simply, Ares bursted out in happiness before pulling me into a hug "Thank you, so much! Delia, I promise I'll take care of us" He said while smiling against my skin.

My hand went behind him and patted his back slowly "uh ok, so we have a rule. Don't let anyone know about us, this is just a try out and nothing serious" I said and closed my eyes, I will never ever fall in love with this man ever.

Ares smiled and nodded "Pleasure, and my rule for you too is no seeing other man but me" He said, gosh. He is too possessive "Fine, we have a deal" we both shook our hands before pulling away.

Scarlett's Pov

I have been crying for over hours, She betrayed me. The voices in my head keeps repeating making me want to take revenge on Delia for lying infront of my face.

Wiping my tears, I held my tears back from coming out and calmed myself down. "Darcy, can you write a letter?" I asked, Darcy nodded "Yes, my lady" she said, I smiled and whispered something in her ear for the plan.

Later, I walked out of my room and to my surprise I found Delia walking down the stairs. I smirked and walked near her without her noticing, A little may not be enough but this will do.

I walked behind her before pushing her hard down, making her scream and fall down the stairs with a loud thud of her body falling the long stairs. Her head hit one of the stairs, making her unconscious and her body was left on the ground before the stairs.

I watched her while closing my fist "Think before you seduce, you filthy snake" I said, noticing her forehead was bleeding and her elbow got a red scratch. I lifted my heavy dress before running back to my room quickly.

Ares's Pov

I was reading letters and signing up signatures on the table when my door was bursted opened "Your Majesty! Lady Delia" He said worriedly, I stopped my works by the mention of her name.

"She fell on the stairs, she was all bruised and unconscious" He said, I stood up quickly and my chair fell from behind me "Where is she!" I walked out of the office "In her room, your Majesty" I quickly went upstairs, I swear if someone did this purposely. I'd torture them mercilessly!

Bursting into the room, my heart stumbled upon looking at Delia's unconscious body laying on the bed. Walking near her, I held her hand before kissing it without breaking my eyes on her "Delia, I'm here" I whispered her name.

Her eyelids were closed, I looked up to the physician before grabbing the hem of his attire "Make her open her eyes or I will kill your whole family" I warned him, The physician trembled and begged "T-there is nothing I can do to make her open her eyes, your majesty!" He said while looking down.

I clenched my fist and took the physician's shirt as I look into his eyes deadly "JUST. DO. IT" I said, He nodded quickly and hurriedly went to Delia. I can feel myself worried and angry to whoever pushed her down the stairs.

I was watching the physician do his job and after a few moments, He stopped and went near me "Y-your majesty, she is fine now. She is just in a deep sleep" He said, I glared at him "Out" I warned, he went out quickly as possible to not anger me.

My gaze went back to Delia who was breathing the air while still asleep. I went beside her and sat down on the bed, The maids went inside the room and handing me a tray of food before leaving.

Placing the tray on the nightstand, I caressed Delia's hair gently. "You were never that too clumsy to fall on the stairs by your own so hard" I said to her while she's still asleep.

While I kept caressing her hair, she stirs up a little and opened her eyes. "Delia, you are awake. Thank God" I said happily before kissing her forehead gently "A-ares, is that you?" She asked while adjusting the sunlight.

Nodding my head before pulling her closer to me protectively "Yes, Darling. I am here and I will never allow anyone to hurt you again" I said before kissing her head lovingly "Ares, I thought I died" She whispered lowly, I felt hurt by the thought of her leaving me in this world.

Shaking my head before pulling her closer to me "That will never happen, You are here now. What happened to you, how did you end up on the stairs?" I asked curiously, Delia look around for a while before shooking her head "I don't remember, but all I know is that someone pushed me" She said.

That's when the part hits me, someone must have pushed her on the stairs. My eyes were burning in rage and anger and my fist were clenching by its own when Delia touched my fist gently, making me forget my anger and looked into her eyes "Don't leave me again, please" She pleaded.

I was so happy that she needed me the most in her sad and hurt days, I lay down beside her and Delia pulled herself into my arms quickly "I won't leave you, nor let anyone hurt you" I whispered, There is the only person I had in mind. Delia. But after she fell asleep in my arms, the only person I had plans in my mind. Scarlett.