Chapter 22

Delia's Pov

The wagon stopped and Edmund and I started to worry so we peek slightly at the window to see Ares and his friend on a horse as they talk to the coachman.

"Arrêter! ce qu'il y a à l'intérieur du chariot" Ares asked the coachman.
(Halt, what is inside the carriage)
The coachman gulped and kept looking down "boîte de nourriture pour l'autre royaume, Votre Altesse" the coachman said.

Ares got suspicious as he looked around the wagon when he was about to meet my eyes, I quickly covered myself and hid down "what are you doing" Edmund whispered, i pressed my finger in my lips. Signalling him to be silent.

Edmund moved down beside me as we both hid undercover, I can hear footsteps circling around the carriage. I flinched slightly as I heard a lock sound of the door "pourquoi est-il verrouillé? (Why is it locked)" Ares asked.

I took a deep breathe and closed my eyes, dont say the truth please. "Le.." The coachman continued his reply "le nourriture est pleine à l'intérieur du chariot, nous ne pourrons peut-être pas les ramener si vous ouvrez" (the food is full inside the cart, we may not be able to bring them back if you open them).

Ares nodded before going back to the front to the coachman "conduire prudemment" (drive carefully) Ares said and the coachman held his hat down "merci, merci" then the carriage starts to move, so Ares believed his lies.

Oh, Thank you sir coachman! "Edmund maybe we should double pay him" I said and Edmund glared "No, our money is going to be wasted" He replied, I frowned "What do you mean wasted? The man deserved a better payment of lying for the sake of our lives!" I crossed my arms.

Edmund groaned and hand out his another 10 gold coins, i smiled "Thank you" I replied before waiting the wagon to stop. Later the ride stops and we got out together "Sir, here is another payment for lying" i almost wanted to laugh, he risked his life for lying.

"Merci, my lady. But remember that is no ordinary man" He said with his french accent, I furrowed my brows in confusion "Be careful always" He said and I just nodded even if im confuse, no ordinary man. Maybe he's from a royal family? What, how come he would turn out to be the Prince. Impossible.

I shake my head and smiled "Thank you" I said and Edmund held our things "Let's go, we are just near" He said, I nodded and held the other things as I followed him "what is the name of the village?" I asked.

"Eastborne village" He said and stopped walking, I widened my eyes at the beautiful village I ever seen in my life. It was beside the falls and the river is just near the village "woah!" I said in amazed. "I know, Delia. I was raised by my family here and then brought me to the kingdom of xeatreninth" He said.

I nodded "Oh, where are they now?" I asked and Edmund pointed up the sky, I looked at him "oh, im sorry for asking" I said and he shook his head "It's okay, i would love to talk to them even more today and besides they're in a better place. This village is my childhood so i would never ever forget this village" He replied.

I smiled and nod my head "oh, where was I? Let's swim" He said, I widened my eyes "Swim?" Edmund laughed "Just kidding, why would we swim. I dont even know how to float" He said. I chuckled and followed him as lead me to the small boat. "All aboard, are you ready, ma lady?" He asked formally while reaching out for my hand, I laughed and place my hand on his.

Sitting on the boat while Edmund paddled to the other side, I kept looking in amaze of the falls and blue skies. I will never forget this beautiful peaceful village soon, Eastborne will be my new home and may new good memories to come.

Ares's Pov

I walked out of my room angrily and Amy came behind me "My lord, do you want to have fun tonight?" She asked seductively, i looked at her in annoyance "Get out of my way before I lose my patience" I said as I continued to walk the hallway.

Amy pouted to act cute which she looked disgustingly not "Come on, Arez just one round" She said before grabbing my arm, I turned around and pushed her on the wall "Dont you ever call me by my name" I said warningly, Amy widened her eyes then hid her fear as she held my arms again "Don't be angry, im here to help your mood better" She said.

I lose my patience and raised my hand to slap her which she turned her head to the side before gasping in fear. I stopped my hand above and whispered angrily "Be glad that I dont hit woman because if i was not raised of this then I would kill you right in this spot" I said and Amy finally showed her fear eyes.

"leave" I said while closing my eyes, She was about to say something when I raised my voice "LEAVE!" She jumped and left the hallway quickly like a mouse, ugly mouse. I punched the wall angrily and leaned my head on it "wait for me, my love. I will never stop looking for you" I said while clenching my fist of the thought of that bastard touching Delia.

William came and called me "Arez! Someone claim to say they found Delia" He said, my mood quicken as I heard my angel's name, I walked to where william is "Where?" I asked and looked at the papers. "Some said they found them packing things and left the kingdom for around the afternoon" He said while reading.

I looked around the room and remembered something, that man and food. "I remember that coachman said he has a food inside his carriage, could he be the one hiding them inside his carriage?" William asked, I clenched my fist as it turns white. Someone is going to be dead today.

"William, bring me the coachman" I said before standing up, he looked at me "Are you sure he is the one hiding Delia and the bastard?" He asked, I chuckled "There are no questions here, wil. When my heart says they are inside that coachman's carriage then they are" I said with a smirk.

William gulped "I dont want to kill again" He said, I tilt my head "oh no, you wont be the one to kill, mon ami" I said and william looked down "Then I dont want to witness death" He replied, I chuckled "Just give me the coachman, now" I said and william stood up before leaving the room.

Oh, I know i'll be catching that coachman for helping them escape but there is only one man that I want to die. That bastard, he is the one to plan of escaping Delia from my arms and from my kingdom.

I will not let her go away before my coronation, I will marry her whether she likes it or not and I will claim her until she loves me just like I do. My mind drifts off to my Delia, there are no seconds of my life today without her name mentioning from my lips "Delia"