Chapter 19

Delia's Pov

Ares stabbed Edmund in the stomach that made the blade go through his back, My eyes widened in shock "Edmund!!" I screamed in fear as I held him before he fell down.

William too was shocked for his friend to do that as he grabbed Ares from behind "Arez what have you done!" He yelled, Ares clenched his fist "No one touches me, peasant" He said roughly.

Tears streaming down my cheek as I held Edmund in my arms "Edmund, it's gonna be okay. I'll be calling some doctor!" I said worriedly and stand up to call someone, but I was grabbed from behind by Ares "and where do you think you're going?" He asked.

I look at him angrily and punched his shoulder many times but he wont budge "Get away from me, monster!" I screamed, Ares growled as I try to push him away. The more I get away, the more he pull me even closer in his arms.

"He is the monster, he tried to take you away from me but that wont happen not now, not forever" He said while grabbing both of my wrists, making me unable to move "Leave me! Edmund! Edmund!" I called him worriedly as Edmund groaned in pain while laying on the ground.

I gasped quickly before pushing Ares with all my strength and kneel down near edmund as I held him "Edmund! Stay with me, please!" I cried out and he started to close his eyes, making me freak out even more. Ares grabbed me to him by my waist "You are mine and you are coming with me!" He growled.

I widened my eyes and look at him in pure anger, I pushed him back before my palm met his cheek. Making a slap sound, Ares's face turned to the side while I kept glaring at him "No one touches me too, you merciless monster!" I said right at his face angrily.

Ares got it enough and held me against his arms before started grabbing me, I yelped in pain "Leave me alone! Edmund, stay awake please!" I screamed as I look at Edmund trying to open his weak eyes. Tears started to form in my eyes, William held me tightly before carrying me on the horse then Ares sat behind me as he wrap his arms around me while holding the rein.

"Ares, where are you bringing me!" I asked as I tried to push his arms from me "Dont move or I'll go back and finish Edmund" He warned, I stayed silent while crying silently. Oh, Edmund. I'm so sorry. I whispered before tears dropping from my eyes then I passed out in his arms.

3 hours passed, Opening my eyes as I adjusted the sunlight hitting my face. I yawned and looked at the beautiful ceiling peacefully then I realised, where am I? I sit up quickly from the bed and looked around the whole room.

I'm in heaven? I looked around the room as it was so angelic that it was almost glowing like the sun. "Hello?" I called for anyone but no one came. I slowly stood up and walk around slowly to the room curiously.

Where the hello am I.. Looking around the expensive things placed on the stand, big closet and a balcony! I quickly went to the beautiful balcony and watched the village below. People were almost seen as ants as they were so tiny in my view here, so i'm in the top of the mountain.

While I was busy looking around curiously, I didnt realise the door got opened. "You're awake" I jumped in surprise before quickly turning around to face the owner of the voice.

Ares.. I clenched my fist "You should rest, You need lots of sleep" He replied as if no argument happened. "Where is Edmund?" I asked while looking at him seriously, he's not dead. He's not dead. I kept repeating it in my mind.

Ares took a deep breath before coming closer to me, I held both of my hand out "no, stay right there and tell me. Where is edmund!" I said with wide eyes, Ares sighed and put his hands behind him "Allow me to speak first" He said.

I looked at him with a frown, Ares continued "Edmund is alive" he said and my face went from angry to happy in relief "Where is he? I need to see him" I started to walk to the door to leave when I got pulled back "I'll let you see him in one condition" I furrowed my brows.

Now what does he want, I waited for him to say something until his next word made me shock "Marry me" He said, i widened my eyes and looked at him as if he was joking.

"Stop joking around, Ares. This is serious" I said while moving away and Ares pulled me back into his arms "I want to marry you, Delia!" He said while holding both my arms, I looked up to him in the eyes "No" I said and Ares held me even more "I did not ask for your permission, I want you to be my wife and that is final" he said.

I pushed him angrily "What made you think I would let that happen? You are a monster who hurt people and I also wont let a monster be my husband" I savagely said before walking to the door to leave but stopped when I heard him say "If you walk out in this room, I will kill him" He threatened.

Turning around slowly as I look at Ares blankly, my head is a mess that I just want to break it out of anger. "Dont you ever kill my friend or I'll-" I pointed my finger at him angrily, Ares moved closer to me "or you'll what?" He stepped even closer, making me move away.

"I would kill someone for you, Just marry me and I will stop every cruel things i've done in life" He said, making me look up to him "Is that a lie?" I asked, Ares smiled through his eyes "I promise" He said, I looked down. Think properly and not stupidly Delia!

Maybe escaping is the best solution, I looked back up to Ares "Y-yes" I stuttered, Ares widened his eyes "what? Say it again" He said, I looked away and closed my eyes "I said Yes!" I said, Ares teased me and leaned down to me "I want to hear the complete answer from your lips, darling" He whispered closely to my face.

I kept looking down to avoid his stare, For Edmund. "I said I will marry you" I replied and Ares jumped in happiness "Oh! Delia! Thank you!" He said loudly before pulling me into a hug, I froze in my place and closed my eyes "s-so I agreed to you, let me see Edmund" I said while still avoiding his stare.

Ares tilted his head before leaning his head down to match with my height "What if I refuse to?" He asked, I widened my eyes and look at him angrily "Ares!!" I yelled, Ares then chuckled and lean back before opening the door for me "Go before I change my mind and kill that bastard" He said, I widened my eyes and quickly ran outside the room through the hallways. Earning a chuckle from Ares's lips "I've got you now in my arms, darling" He whispered.